PDA

View Full Version : Guaranteed room too risky?

megustamex
09-25-2008, 04:04 PM
I am considering booking a category 6 balcony room on the Magic. It's a guaranteed room only so I can't pick out my stateroom. I'm worried I'm going to pretty much be guaranteed to end up far forward or far aft - does anyone have anyone experience with the guaranteed rooms? This is our first cruise with two kids (1, 3) and I'm worried about everyone getting seasick if I get a bad location.

TammiMcMan
09-25-2008, 04:54 PM
Category 6 staterooms are going to be on either the 5th or 6th deck, so you're still pretty much in the middle. I really don't think it matters all that much in regards to seasickness if you are towards the front or back. Deck 5 only has those staterooms in the back of the boat anyway, but this is actually a preferable deck for many people, because it's close to the kids clubs.

Deck 6 has the rooms more spread out, but you'd want to stay away from 6588 (too close to the laundry room). Deck 6 verandahs are also a little bit bigger.

If you don't want to chance a guaranty, then I would go with a stateroom location that you like and just avoid #'s 5142-5150; 5642-5650; 6144-6154 and 6644-6654 unless you want to have a solid verandah railing instead of the clear plexiglass.

RobWreck
09-25-2008, 10:27 PM
We went with a guarenteed inside stateroom on our last trip... and while I would not want to do an inside room again, I had no problems with not knowing where my room was going to be or being a little bit away from the elevators.
I'd say save the money and use it on excursions... ;)
Rob

Auroring Good Time
10-04-2008, 04:28 PM
We booked a guaranteed outside room on one cruise and we ended up being upgraded to a balcony near the forward elevators. It was a great location. I would book guaranteed again. It saved me some money.

LizLovesDiz
10-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Is there any smoking on the ship ? DH is a smoker!

Auroring Good Time
10-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Yes, there is smoking but only in designated areas. From what I remember, this was on one side of the adult pool area. I am not sure of other areas.

Donald_Quackers
10-24-2008, 04:46 PM
Smoking is allowed on the port side of deck 10, deck 9 (except by the Mickey pool -- maybe Goofy too), your stateroom verandah, but I don't know of anything indoors but perhaps the clubs.

SteveL
10-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Smoking is also permitted outside of deck 4, starboard side.