PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon Registry

damhnade
09-25-2008, 02:43 PM
I have a question about how the Honeymoon Registry works. Our wedding is December 13, our trip must be paid in full October 31. I highly doubt people are going to buy us gifts from the registry even before our invitations get sent out. So, how does this work? Would they credit my credit card once we get there and then apply the funds from the honeymoon gift card. We're paying for the dining plan and I don't anticipate using all the money on the honeymoon gift card for merchandise. I would much rather apply that money to our accomodations & dining. Help me!

Tick-Tock
09-25-2008, 02:53 PM
The honeymoon site FAQs says:

Can the Disney Gift Card for Honeymoons be used toward deposits for vacation packages purchased in advance?

A. If you booked a Walt Disney Travel Co. Magic Your Way Package or booked a room only through Disney Destinations, you will need to call 407-939-7776 and change your form of payment to the Disney Gift Card for Honeymoons. Arrangements can be made to credit your original form of payment in exchange for the funds on your Disney Gift Card for Honeymoons if you qualify. Any change of payment request must be done before you leave home and before you check in to your Disney Resort hotel. The front desk of your Disney Resort hotel is not able to make changes to the payments.

Disney Cruise LineŽ vacations can only be purchased with the Disney Gift Card for Honeymoons prior to or when making a final payment. Please call 407-566-7272, option 4, for more information regarding using the Disney's Honeymoon Registry to pay for a Disney Cruise LineŽ vacation.

Tip: To reduce the initial deposit expense when booking a stay at the Walt Disney WorldŽ Resort, only reserve room nights and use a personal credit card to pay the minimum deposit, then use the Disney Gift Card for Honeymoons to pay the balance with gifted funds.

--This addresses deposits and not final payments, but given the specification that the Cruise Lines are different, it looks like a retroactive change to a land-only package might be possible. But you can't wait until you get there.