PDA

View Full Version : Bedtime Stories (Opens Dec. 25, 2008)

NotaGeek
09-25-2008, 01:59 PM
It's finally happened ... Adam Sandler is on the Disney payroll. The movie does look kind of funny, but Adam Sandler is one of those hit or miss people for me. Sometimes he's hysterical, but sometimes he is just the same exact character over and over and over ...

You can check out the Official Disney Bedtime Stories Website (http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/bedtimestories/) or the Yahoo! Movie Page. (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809973784/info)

disneycutie165
11-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Watching the previews before Eagle Eye, I noticed a new Disney flick starring Adam Sandler called "Bedtime Stories". The story is about him having to watch his sisters' kids for a while, and every story him or the kids come up with at night actually happens to him. The movie looks really good, but it just surprised me to see Adam making the switch to a completely harmless movie. Can't wait for it to hit the big screen on Dec. 25th.:thumbsup:

DisneyBabies
11-08-2008, 07:04 PM
We love Adam Sandler! I have never heard of this movie. Is there a websit I can look it up on?

disneycutie165
11-09-2008, 08:18 AM
I would just try looking up "Bedtime Stories movie" on Google and maybe there will be a website. Hope I could help!

PirateLover
11-09-2008, 09:46 AM
I saw this preview before, I think it looks really cute! Didn't realize it was Disney.

NotaGeek
11-09-2008, 08:00 PM
We love Adam Sandler! I have never heard of this movie. Is there a websit I can look it up on?

I would just try looking up "Bedtime Stories movie" on Google and maybe there will be a website. Hope I could help!
Hey there ... or you could try out the search feature on INTERCOT ... I started this thread a while ago, and I merged the one you guys made to keep the boards all organized. :mickey:

I think this movie looks interesting and with the new previews I have seen, it really makes me want to see this film! :thumbsup:

WDWFanatic
11-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Today a group of us took our kids to the movie and after this preview they all wanted to see it. Looks like it might be fun.

NotaGeek
12-24-2008, 06:41 PM
If anyone checks out this movie over the Christmas weekend be sure and report back! I won't be able to see if for a couple of weeks ... I am at Disneyland right now ... we have been up since 4am so it's nap time before the evening gets started, and I had to check in!

I hope this movie is good!

PirateLover
12-24-2008, 07:15 PM
The reviews I've read seem to be: Great premise, not-so-great execution. However we will most likely still see it and I'll reserve my judgment until then. We also want to see Marley & Me. I've been under the weather so hopefully I get better so we can get to the movies!

WDWFanatic
12-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Did anyone go see this yesterday? What did you think?

IamBelle
12-30-2008, 08:44 AM
We saw this a few days ago and loved it!! It is hilarious!!

Mickey'sGirl
12-30-2008, 08:56 AM
We saw Bedtime Stories last night. We really really enjoyed it. My favourite surprise was that Jonathan Pryce was in it (He was Adam Sandler's father telling the story of his son telling stories). Well worth the price of admission. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

WDWFanatic
12-30-2008, 10:26 AM
We went and saw it with a group. While like a lot of movies now most of the "best" jokes are shown in the previews we still enjoyed it.

I really liked the opening, it reminded me of an old time Disney movie and a few elements reminded me of The Princess Bride (my all time favorite movie).

The kids in our group really enjoyed it and all the adults stayed awake ;).

I love how Adam Sandler add such a great 80's soundtrack to his movies.

We would give it :thumbsup::thumbsup:.

RenDuran
12-30-2008, 05:35 PM
We saw this movie today and our kids and us all loved it. While I expected to laugh out loud a lot more than I actually did, it definitely kept me entertained.

conorsmom2000
12-30-2008, 09:29 PM
The movie looks really good, but it just surprised me to see Adam making the switch to a completely harmless movie.

Adam Sandler promised his kids that he would make a movie that they could actually see, since all his other one's they can't - so, that's how he came to do Bedtime Stories!

We're going to see this tomorrow night - glad to see that everyone enjoyed it!! :thumbsup:

GBBT
12-31-2008, 04:28 PM
We saw it yesterday.We give it:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.And remember,"He can do it!"

Melanie
01-01-2009, 01:38 AM
For freeeeeeeeeeeee?

My boys and I really enjoyed it, and were quoting it the whole way home. A definite DVD buy for us.

That was Lucy Lawless as Aspen? Never would have guessed.

NotaGeek
01-01-2009, 11:34 AM
The BF and I saw it last night and totally enjoyed it. It was funny and the Disney references were pretty cute. Great family movie ... with some adult laughs.

ChipnDaleGal
01-01-2009, 11:36 AM
For freeeeeeeeeeeee?

My boys and I really enjoyed it, and were quoting it the whole way home. A definite DVD buy for us.

That was Lucy Lawless as Aspen? Never would have guessed.

I am glad you guys are gining this a positive review, Mel. Now I am really looking forward to seeing it. I really like Adam Sandler.

d_m_n_n
01-01-2009, 01:16 PM
I love how Adam Sandler add such a great 80's soundtrack to his movies.

Have to toally agree. The music always adds to the movie.

We went to see it last night and thought it was really good! DSs 11 and 7 said on the way out that we are definitely buying this on DVD. :)

GrumpyFan
01-02-2009, 09:57 PM
We saw it today, and thoroughly enjoyed it!
This is a fun, clean, enjoyable film that the whole family can enjoy.

grumpyguy
01-03-2009, 08:27 AM
we went to see this movie over the holidays.i was happy to see disney and adam hook up as i enjoy 80% of his humor.he must have had a heavy say in what content is in the movie as several of his usual buddies make cameos during the film and he manages to slip his personal english bulldog (my personal favorite breed)into the film.while i thought at times the movie didn't have the expected disney "feel" it was an enjoyable movie.glad to see it's one for the whole family with a happy ending:thumbsup:

GrumpyFan
01-05-2009, 11:38 AM
we went to see this movie over the holidays.i was happy to see disney and adam hook up as i enjoy 80% of his humor.he must have had a heavy say in what content is in the movie as several of his usual buddies make cameos during the film and he manages to slip his personal english bulldog (my personal favorite breed)into the film.while i thought at times the movie didn't have the expected disney "feel" it was an enjoyable movie.glad to see it's one for the whole family with a happy ending:thumbsup:

The movie was a Happy Madison production, which is founded/owned by him and several other former SNL performers, including Rob Schnieder who was in the film as well. Also, his wife and daughter were in the film too. I guess that's just some of the perks of being the major owner of a movie production house.

DisneyDog
01-12-2009, 10:41 AM
DS6 and I went to see this on Saturday with DS's friend and his mom. We all loved it! I thought it was adorable and very sweet. The guinea pig was really funny. I loved that the hotel owner was played by Harry Potter's Uncle (it took me 3/4 of the film to figure out who he was -- until he smiled, then the lightbulb went off). My 6 year old left the theater singing Journey's "Don't stop believing," which I thought was really funny!

brownie
01-16-2009, 10:46 AM
We saw it and I enjoyed it, although it wasn't my first choice (I was outvoted.) I thought it was a good movie.