PDA

View Full Version : Need ADR help!

maizey05
09-25-2008, 01:44 AM
Just trying to plan our dining, for our upcoming trip in Oct. here's what i'm thinking.

Day of arrival: (not going to a park that day, staying on property, need a suggestion)

Day 2: dinner at Cafe Orleans?

Day 3: (going to trick or treat party possibly, but a day at the resort otherwise. thinking about a character breakfast. are there any w/ mickey?) Rainforest Cafe for lunch? PCH grill for dinner?

Day 4: dinner at storytellers?

Day 5: no idea

NotaGeek
09-25-2008, 02:25 AM
Just trying to plan our dining, for our upcoming trip in Oct. here's what i'm thinking.

Day of arrival: (not going to a park that day, staying on property, need a suggestion)

Day 2: dinner at Cafe Orleans?

Day 3: (going to trick or treat party possibly, but a day at the resort otherwise. thinking about a character breakfast. are there any w/ mickey?) Rainforest Cafe for lunch? PCH grill for dinner?

Day 4: dinner at storytellers?

Day 5: no idea

1. Hook's Point at DLR ... good family atmosphere and yummy food (seafood/steak also pasta and kid options)

2. Never eaten a Cafe Orleans, but will be next week.

3. No breakfast with Mickey, but the best character breakfast at DLR IMO is Goofy's Kitchen ... it's great character interaction and good food. 2nd option would be the breakfast at PCH Grill. Rain Forest Cafe is the same everywhere, how about trying lunch at Carnation Cafe on Main Street USA in Disneyland? PCH Grill for dinner should be awesome, evidently their pizza is top notch. If you are doing the Halloween party you should try the Trattoria in DCA, it's good and would put you right in the park.

4. Storyteller's Dinner is hit and miss. The menu is OK, the buffet is OK but the service can be really bad.

5. Try breakfast at Steakhouse 55 in the Disneyland Hotel ... amazing breakfast a wonderful atmosphere -- or a quick lunch or dinner at Uva Bar in DTD, it's a nice option and the food is good. There's always ESPN Zone for lunch or dinner, too ... a quick breakfast for CS that is my favorite is Tomorrowland Terrace. It's a yummy croissant breakfast sandwich and a drink for about $7. For a good burger try either Hungry Bears or Taste Pilot's Grill in DCA.

And of course, there's Plaza Inn for Walt's favorite Fried Chicken or Roast Beef ...

How are those for suggestions? :mickey:

maizey05
09-26-2008, 01:37 AM
yeah! that's what i was looking for. thanks for the input. never considered hook's point. i guessed it was too "nice" for a toddler. i will add that one though. goofy's kitchen sounds like a good one as well. i'll nix the storyteller's idea though. thanks again!

Aisling
09-26-2008, 05:51 AM
For quick and yummy options there is White Water Snacks in GCH - it's just around the corner from the California Adventure entrance in GCH.
If you have a toddler then Goofy's Kitchen is a must. It is so much fun and the food is good, too!
Rainforest is good for atmosphere, but the food is very lacking.
You can get a quick and easy breakfast at Jazz Kitchen express. They have cereal (hot and cold, I believe), coffee, beignets!!!! and eggs, sausage, etc. The food is good and the coffee is decent. If you like tea, try Compass cafe down by the Disneyland Hotel. They have a large assortment of Tazo teas and other specialty drinks - lattes, cappucinos, etc.
ESPN Zone is fun for kids (and adults), the food is hit or miss for me. Some people love it, some don't. I find their offerings very greasy and so not that appealing, but it's loud and no one can hear a toddler if he/she acts up, so that's a plus for me!
In DTD there is La Brea bakery, they have some good options and you can sit on the patio and people watch.
I also like Naples Ristorante. The pizza is yummy and I forget what else we ordered, but we all liked it.
Cafe Orleans is good - check to see if they still have Mickey Waffles for breakfast. They are yummy and fun. For lunch, the food is really good and fairly fast, so that's a good choice with the munchkin.
For something super quick and mildly disgusting but oh, so good, there is Corn Dog Castle in DCA. I love those things. God help me, but I do!
As NotaGeek said, there is the Trattoria in DCA and I forget the name of the other place that's right there too, but they are both good. If the line is long, it might take awhile, but the bread bowls are worth it!
Enjoy your trip!

maizey05
09-29-2008, 02:16 AM
As usual, thanks for the help everyone! Trattoria is a good idea, since we'll already be in DCA for the trick or treat party (if we do end up going). Thanks everyone!

Mandy Mouse
10-06-2008, 08:17 PM
I dunno about the nix on Storytellers. I reccomend it for breakfast the food was excellent the atmosphere was fun. It is a character breakfast which includes lots of animals. (characters from brother bear, pocahontas, tarzan, chip and dale)