PDA

View Full Version : Taping of the Christmas Parade 2008

BrerStitch
09-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Has anyone heard what days the Christmas parade will be taped this year? I've been looking but haven't seen. Thanks!

faline
09-24-2008, 08:12 PM
I haven't heard either but it usually happens the first weekend in December.

TheRustyScupper
09-24-2008, 08:53 PM
December 5 & 6.

disneymom15
09-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Does that mean that MK will be super crowded? Should we visit a different park on those days?

DDuck66
09-25-2008, 10:53 AM
I have heard that it is a nightmare and I do not mean Jack Skellington. Since they are filming, they keep starting, stopping, backing up, and redoing the parade and entertainment to make sure the shots are correct. I have heard that the park is at a stand still from the castle to the front.

Disney Lynn
09-26-2008, 07:59 AM
So how does this work? Can anyone enter MK to watch the parade (with a ticket, of course)? I read somewhere (which I can't now find) that only those with AP's are allowed in that day? Is that correct? I realize that Main Street will be a zoo, but what about the rest of the MK? Will all the rides and shows be operating as normal?

We have a WDW trip planned for this week (strictly by accident- we didn't even think about the taping!). DH is now saying that we'll avoid the MK for those two days. I'm wondering if it might be interesting to experience it- and I do have a Stitch Santa hat (and there are so few places that I can wear it without looking very foolish LOL!).

TheRustyScupper
09-26-2008, 11:47 AM
So how does this work? Can anyone enter MK to watch the parade (with a ticket, of course)? I read somewhere (which I can't now find) that only those with AP's are allowed in that day? Is that correct? I realize that Main Street will be a zoo, but what about the rest of the MK? Will all the rides and shows be operating as normal?

1) Everyone is still welcome at MK.
2) AP's and DVC's usually grab all the special tickets.
3) The special tickets allow early entry, and you must stand a specific number of hours.
4) Other guests can still do Main Street and the Hub.
5) But, it is very crowded.
6) Plus, special tickets get the front 2-4 rows along the route.

peterbiltchic2000
09-26-2008, 07:38 PM
How do you get the special tickets? how early do you have to get the park to get them and do they cost anything? thanks for any info.

elmjimmlm
09-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Are the special guest singers performing those days too?

Disney Lynn
09-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Thank you, RustyScupper, for the explanation. We still haven't decided what to do that day- but since DH doesn't like crowds, I imagine we will try another park (and watch the parade on Christmas Day!).

And now I'll be waiting for your Food & Wine Festival opinions- that is, if you go before we do (9/29).

TheRustyScupper
09-27-2008, 11:01 AM
How do you get the special tickets? how early do you have to get the park to get them and do they cost anything? thanks for any info.

1) Annual Pass holders and DVC owners are sent notices of free tickets.
2) They have a limited time to sign up - AP, first, then DVC.
3) IF there are tickets left, they are offered to the public.
4) However, I don't remember any left-overs.
5) Even though you MUST stay around for a specific time, these are coveted tickets.

TheRustyScupper
09-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Thank you, RustyScupper, for the explanation. We still haven't decided what to do that day- but since DH doesn't like crowds . . .

Once you are beyond Main Street, no major crowd problems.

Harriet
09-28-2008, 12:32 PM
1) Annual Pass holders and DVC owners are sent notices of free tickets.
2) They have a limited time to sign up - AP, first, then DVC.
3) IF there are tickets left, they are offered to the public.
4) However, I don't remember any left-overs.
5) Even though you MUST stay around for a specific time, these are coveted tickets.

Thanks for your posting now that I will not be going until Dec.09 I have a good idea of how to start my planning so as to avoid MK the first week-end. I am assuming this is mostly for during the day not the evenings.