PDA

View Full Version : crystal pallace

dumbo ears
09-24-2008, 07:03 PM
:mickey:Im goin to wdw in december from the 23-27 and have a reservation around 3:00 for the crystal pallace. can anyone give me their opinion of it and and just give me some tips or any help for it? thanks

Marilyn Michetti
09-24-2008, 07:24 PM
It's a typical Disney character buffet. The food is good, and plentiful. Pooh and friends come around regularly.

It's a fun place, but nothing earth shaking. You'll enjoy yourself, and the line has something for everyone. It's probably around $25 - $30 now, but you only go to Disney once a year(?).:)

BIGDOG
09-24-2008, 10:33 PM
I was a head chef for many years here at home, I have always been very impressed with the buffet at the crystal palace. The food is made in small batches directly behind the buffet line. The meats are carved to order and carver will acomidate all requests. There is a wide selection of meats,seafoods,chickens, and fresh pasta and veggie dishes for you. Remember to save room for the dessert table very good selection of fresh desserts offered. I will say this do not eat 3 plates of the grilled salmon and go out in the Aug heat like my brother-in-law tried out last trip!

ElenitaB
09-24-2008, 11:25 PM
You have reservations for the last lunch seating. The cost is $20.99 for adults and $11.99 for children 3 to 9.

We've always enjoyed CP and had eaten breakfast there just about every trip. I was so impressed the first time we ate lunch there that I even asked for a recipe (for their pork tenderloin... it was very :tasty: ).

DisneyFr33k
09-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Sorry to be the negative one, but we ate there once and had a horrible experience. We were seated 30 minutes late, our server was completely inattentive (took 20 minutes to get us water .. we were so thirsty!!), and the food was disappointing. We could go to a local Golden Corral and find a better selection and had a better time. I hope you find it the complete opposite!

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
09-26-2008, 01:04 PM
We hit this place at least once every trip we make to WDW. We love the breakfast buffet. The food is fantastic and everyone in our family of five goes away happy. We have never tried the dinner buffet so I can't make a comment on that.

TinkerbellT421
09-26-2008, 03:44 PM
I absolutely LOVE the dinner buffet. And absolutely ADORE the characters! Tigger flirted w/ me :cloud9: It was so much fun! I dont think you will disappointed at all! I love the very wide selection of different foods they have too. SOmething for everyone. But I only have eaten the dinner there. Have a great time! :tigger:

vicster
09-26-2008, 04:49 PM
We just ate there last week for the dinner buffet. All the food and service was wonderful!!!

disneyfan1124
09-26-2008, 05:05 PM
CP is a must do for breakfast and dinner for our trips. When DH and I make the trip without friends/family-we often go to CP several times in the same trip! I love Pooh, so I could spend all day there! DH loves the meat carving station at dinner, as well as the shrimp. We loved the puffed french toast at breakfast. We have never had a bad experience. In fact, on our anniversary-and we didn't announce it Disney Style-we were pleasantly surprised by our server with pins and fanfare. We highly recommend the CP for any meal, with or without kids. Enjoy! We will be enjoying it ourselves in just 40 days!

NJ Camper
09-26-2008, 05:25 PM
We have done cp for breakfast but haven't made it for dinner yet all i can say is that breakfast was amazing so if dinner is anything like breakfast you can't go wrong i'll be going there during my oct 08 trip so i will post more when i get back we have a dnner ressie so will post after i get home from my Oct 12-27 trip :mickey:

Septbride2002
09-26-2008, 05:29 PM
We ate there on our last trip and it was really good. You are going at a good time because I bet it won't be to crowded. The lunch menu is also very yummy - and the characters are fun.

~Amanda

InLikeSin
09-26-2008, 08:51 PM
We booked an early morning breakfast here for the chance to walk down mainstreet before the park opens. However, because it is just me and my husband im a little weary of a character buffet. Will we be able to escape their notice? Sorry but im not into people in costumes they kind of creep me out :blush: