PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Honeymoon Day 3

DreaminofDisney24
09-24-2008, 03:54 PM
Cast:
Me-26, first timer
HD-Steve-26
WL with free dining!

I was woken up at 7:30am by the wonderful pounding and clanging of our "favorite" little friend Stitch. Steve and I wanted to get an early start in Animal Kingdom, because we knew it was less hot in the morning, and more animals would likely be out! We got dressed (both apparently wearing green, although we didn't realize it until we got our photopass pictures..we look so-jungly...is that a word? is now!), grabbed some donuts, and jumped onto the bus. We entered the gates by 9, and it was already gearing up to be a hot and humid day! By the way, I'm from MD, and have dealt with humidity...but Florida's is way, way worse...plah...so much for good looking hair on the trip! My hair to hairspray ration quadrupled on this journey, and I apologize for any holes in the ozone during the past week!
Where was I? Oh yes...entering the park. We made a beeline towards Expedition Everest and walked right on-in fact, I almost wished for more time so we could explore the queue! We grabbed fast passes once we got off to ride again, and headed towards Africa, because a safari was calling my name..ok, more like grunting, growling, and howling my name-but that's what animals do! We saw a lot of animals, and really enjoyed ourselves-i loved the giraffes, but the lions were pretty "cute" too-i put cute in quotes, because, well, they are LIONS and can be ferocious...grrrrrr! We quickly headed back to E.E., but not before taking some pictures-especially of DeVine-I was so excited to see her...she's amazing! We also posed at E.E.-Steve was the Yeti, and I acted very very frightened;) The second ride was just as good, but it was high time for some A.C., so Finding Nemo, the Musical, was our next stop. I loved this show!! It's my fave pixar anyways, but the quality of this show was just excellent! Just keep swimming:fishbowl:!
We went to Dinosaur after this...I kinda chuckled at everyone taking pictures with the skeletons, 'cause I have them at work (a science center), so I see Dinos everyday! However, I don't see the ride every day! We enjoyed it, although we much prefer the technology on the Indiana Jones ride in DL (which was one of my faves!!) We headed to Kali Rapids because we really, really needed to get wet and cool down, but everyone else at the same idea! We grabbed a fastpass, but realized a little later that with our ADRs, we couldn't make it work:(Oh well, something for next trip! We had ADRs at 2:30 for the Rainforest Cafe-only because I've never eaten in one, and I just wanted to experience it once. The food was ok, the atmosphere was cool, but for us, it was a one time thing, and I'm over it now. Although, the elephant was very friendly as it stampeded towards Steve's pasta dish:)
It was definitly nap time then, and home we went! I slept for a good bit (I loooove naps!), and we were still full from lunch so no need for dinner! Instead, it was totally time to visit the Magic Kingdom for extra magic hours:number1:
I've been waiting to visit that park since, well, forever, and as the boat chugged towards the park, my little heart skipped a beat when the castle came into view...:cloud9:
We got there right when Wishes was going to start, so we made a beeline towards Adventureland and away from the crowds! We rode Pirates first and had our own boat(so we took pictures:secret:))(and let me just say, that DL's version is so much better-with the bayou and more fun drops and more davey jones!)). We then splashed down a mountain (liked this version), thundered around a railroad(equal!), and jumped into a DoomBuggy (this was just as good, if not better then DL's version...again, just opinions!) Fantasyland was next, and we did It's a Small World-cause, well, I had to just once, and then rode with Snow White. We helped Buzz shoot down some enemies, took some great shots of the castle, looked around the shops for a minute, and then headed back to the boat. Home once more, and with full mugs we headed to bed.
Next up-Day Four and lots of shopping:thumbsup:

mickey&missy
09-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Another great day! Can't wait for more!

Lizzie
09-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Sounds like a really fun day. I enjoy the comparisons not many peole it seems like have gone to both parks.

mouseketeer mom
09-24-2008, 04:46 PM
Jungly is too a word.
Oh boy. Can I relate to the hair issues in WDW. I feel like waving a white flag as I walk around.."I surrender, I surrender!" The weather always wins, my hair always loses!!
Thanks for sharing!

tinkerbell04
09-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Sounds like it was a great day! Thanks for sharing!

faline
09-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Whew! Good thing you had that nap! That certainly was a busy and full day!

laward32
09-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks for a great report. Sounded like lots of fun.:mickey:

pdrlkr
09-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

DizNee143
09-25-2008, 08:41 AM
another great day!!
sounds like you had a good time at AK and MK..cant wait to read more about your honeymoon!! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-25-2008, 09:14 AM
We always do RFC, thanks for the reports

Mackflava99
09-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Excellent trport- i like your writing style:0

Figment104
09-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Sounds like you really packed a lot into your day.

I can also completely relate to that feeling when you're taking the boat from WL to MK and then the castle comes into view, I get excited just thinking about it and can picture it in my head as I'm typing.

Sounds like you're having a great and most importantly a relaxing honeymoon!

dtootsie42
09-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Another terrific day!

#1disneyfan
10-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Another great trip report! Thanks for sharing, on to read day 4!

KylesMom
10-03-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm so glad, after a full day at AK and a nap, that you finally made it to the MK! :mickey: What another magical day!