PDA

View Full Version : Top 100 WDW "Break" spots...

TheWizofDiz
09-24-2008, 02:02 PM
I need to know where you go to just take a break and relax during your hectic days at the World...where is your special place to just kickback and cool off, have a snack or nap...for me it is:

1. MK- TTA

2. Epcot-Living with the Land ride

3. AK-any bench on the Pangani Forest Trail

4. DHS-Starring Rolls Bakery Courtyard

paragon
09-24-2008, 02:05 PM
My favorite spot in MK is actually at the Main Street train station, sitting up there looking down at the castle and watching everyone. At night with the lights on its even better.

sneezyone
09-24-2008, 02:21 PM
in AK there is a little kiosk to get frozen coffee and there are a few tables there, it's across from where the monkey exhibit is...you can drink coffee and watch the monkeys:monkey::monkey:

AwPhooey
09-24-2008, 03:17 PM
Though I rarely take the time to pause and take a break, the following spots are always good for me:

MK:

WDW Railroad
Enchanted Tiki Room
Country Bear Jamboree
Tom Sawyer Island (Aunt Polly's Dockside Inn)
Hall of Presidents
Liberty Belle Riverboat
Carousel of Progress

DHS:

Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Cinderelley
09-24-2008, 03:45 PM
1. Pirates of the Caribbean
2. Splash Mountain
3. Soarin'
4. Eating school bread in Norway
5. Looking at the animals on the Tree of Life
6. Kilimanjaro Safaris
7. The Great Movie Ride
8. Waiting for my family on the bench outside
of Tower of Terror
9. Anywhere with a Mickey Bar. :bar:

joonyer
09-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Believe it or not, one of our favorite spots to take a break from a hard morning and midday of park touring, especially when we would go in the summer, was to go to another park . . . . . . a water park.
We would go back to our room change into our swimwear and then hit Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach, and enjoy cooling off in the lazy river or wave pools for a few hours while our boys enjoyed the slides. :swim:
Then we would head back to the resort, eat and rest awhile, and then go back to MK or another park that was open 'til Midnight or later. Needless to say, we are park commandos. :drill:

In the Theme Parks, I like resting and cooling off in any indoor attraction with AC and a pre-show where you can sit down.
And at MK, DW and I used to enjoy the rocking chairs at Aunt Polly's while the boys explored Tom Sawyer's Island, but they have about outgrown it now.

CaptSmee
09-24-2008, 07:28 PM
At:

MK: TTA, COP, Pirates, or visiting the shops on MAin St.

Epcot: Sitting by any of the fountains, Figment, strolling around WS

AK: either of the animal trails

ojeilatan
09-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Top 5 for me! (at least what I've discovered so far...)
1) Tiki Room
2) Figment
3) POTC
4) Any where at the resort we're staying in!
5) The Coca-Cola Cool Station :fan:

MickeysEars
09-24-2008, 09:05 PM
I love to find ANY quiet corner. Back by the waterfall in Canada. Everytime we go back there we are alone. also in MK we always find a secluded portion of Tom's Island
Ak, we like ANY bench. and DHS-back by the backlot tour. the counter service rest. is always empty

thumperbug
09-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Any place I can sit for 10 mins in the shade!!!!!!!.....and to take off my sneakers for a few. I'm not picky...heck I've even been known to sit on the ground (out of people's way of course and this was when the parks were much cleaner)

Simba's Mom
09-24-2008, 09:31 PM
I know a couple more specific spots in AK-
There's a path between shortly past Pizzafari and the FP machines for ITTBAB that goes right next to the tree of life. Benches along that path are very quiet.
There's are tables and a seating area across from Flights of Wonder. I think it's at the top of what used to be the boat landing.

N2DisneyWorld
09-24-2008, 09:56 PM
We like to go to the french bakery at the France pavilion in the World Showcase at Epcot and get a snack and drink and sit by the fountain and people watch.

EpcotFan182
09-25-2008, 01:11 AM
My favorite break spots are:

Cool Station (Epcot)
Starring Rolls (MGM)
Dole Whip Stand (MK)
Noodle Station (MK)
The American Adventure (Epcot)
Sunshine Seasons (Epcot)
Norway Bakery (Epcot)

:mickey:

wdwfansince75
09-25-2008, 08:39 AM
Seems I take more breaks than in the past. My favorites....
The Railroad, monorail, CoP, TTA, HoP, PoTC, verandah with Dole Whip, Sleepy Hollow, Christmas Store (cool, festive, and never crowded), American Adventure, any of the EPCOT movies, the boat between EPCOT and DHS....and the closest empty bench....must be at least 100 of them around the parks!

Tinkerbella16
09-25-2008, 12:36 PM
We always go in the fall, so I love stopping for a few minutes to rest outside.

My favorite spot would be sitting on the rocking chairs by the lake thats near BTMR, facing the HM. I like resting there when it starts to get dark outside...it is so cozy, just listening to the surroundings and hearing the howl coming from the HM.

I also love going for a ride on TTA or the MK Railroad all the way around the park, just to relax and wind down. Its great!

:mickey:

A Big Kid
09-25-2008, 04:12 PM
MK- in the car barn playing checkers.

darthmacho
09-25-2008, 05:20 PM
There are a lot of nice spots, so many, I can't think of all of them, but here are some:

MK Rides: TTA, Pirates, both cool and fast loading.

MK Attractions: Tiki Room, Country Bears.

MK Other: Seating area in Adventureland near where you get the Dole Whips.

Epcot Rides: Living With the Land, El Rio.

Epcot World Showcase: Inside Mexico, or outside patio with a watermelon juice. Waterfall area in Canada, the alleys of Morocco, or the fountain outside France (the latter requiring wine and a pastry.)

Goofy Forever
09-25-2008, 05:34 PM
I agree with many of those break spots, but I must tell all of you about the TTA when my now 10 yr old son was but a mere 8 mos.

My wife and I got on the TTA and my son fell asleep. We rode the TTA continuosly for 50 min until he woke up. It was the best Disney break I ever had!!!!:cloud9:

tomorrowschild
09-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Sitting at the quiet pool at the Poly, sipping a Sand in Your Pants. :marg:

JasonH
09-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Hmmm, I hope my list doesn't get too long. lol

MK - WEDWay aka TTA, Carousel Of Progress, an outside table at Cosmic Ray's, Pinocchio's Village Haus Restaurant(preferably overlooking IASM), Columbia Harbour House(on the second floor overlooking the view between Liberty Square and Fantasyland), HM, the Riverboat, POTC and Tiki Room.

Epcot - SE, an outside table at Fountainview Espresso & Bakery, Living With The Land, The Circle Of Life, UofE, Gran Fiesta Tour, the Stav Church, The American Adventure, eating a pastry at the seating area next to Boulangerie Patisserie.

MGM aka DHS - The Great Movie Ride, Muppet-Vision 3D, Voyage Of The Little Mermaid, the Villians store, ABC Commissary, Backlot Express, One Man's Dream

AK - Festival Of The Lion King, ITTBAB, the seating area down by the water next to Flame Tree BBQ

Honorable mentions for places no longer there or changed - WoM, Horizons, Kitchen Kabaret/Food Rocks, the original JII, Timekeeper, IYHW/Dreamflight, The Seas mini-movie

Aurora
09-25-2008, 10:12 PM
A couple of "secret" spots are -- in the MK, the walkway along the railroad between ToonTown and Tomorrowland (way in the back), and at Epcot, the garden behind the shops in United Kingdom.

bjs6
09-25-2008, 10:51 PM
One of my wife's favorite break spots...the film in France. She has never seen the whole film. She falls asleep every time!

Cinderelley
09-25-2008, 10:52 PM
Sitting at the quiet pool at the Poly, sipping a Sand in Your Pants. :marg:

Hmmm, what is a Sand in Your Pants. This may be our goal for next trip. Last time it was to drink a Lapu Lapu and a Kungaloosh.

brdavis
09-26-2008, 10:38 AM
A couple of "secret" spots...
The TT/TL walkway in MK is a personal favorite "secret passage" for us as well. Relaxing, or useful if you need to move in a hurry too. the boardwalks along Frontierland are another good spot (as well as BTMRR during a parade :) ). Another MK spot I've not seen mentioned is Belle's story nook (or whatever it's called) near the castle. At EPCOT, it's the fiber-optic nook within the Imaginations circle (during the day quiet, during the night magical), or the previously mentioned landscaping in Canada. In AK... too many. The entire park seems riddled with relaxation places for us (try Camp Minnie-Mickey on an EMH *evening* near close... and then watch the birds roost as you leave).

--
Brian "more relaxed now" Davis

sdewan
09-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Ellen's Energy Adventure at EPCOT - when both of my kids were very young, they would take their nap as we enjoyed the 45 minute attraction.

The American Adventure at EPCOT - ditto

The Solarium at the Beach Club Resort

Any quiet pool at any resort - find a nice lounge in the shade, make a pillow with a towel, take a nap...

Septbride2002
09-26-2008, 05:09 PM
At Magic Kingdom - Carousel of Progress :sing:

Epcot - Probably outside the French bakery or at the Fountain View Cafe - but now that they no longer serve coffee we don't go there anymore :(

MGM - Starring Rolls or near the McD's cart.

Animal Kingdom - I love eating at the Flame Tree BBQ so probably there.

Downtown Disney - at Ghiradelli's.

PittFan
09-26-2008, 07:10 PM
I always take a good nap during Ellen's World of Energy. My family thinks it's hysterical. I've even been caught snoring. :blush:

mudpuppysmom
09-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Some of our favs:

MK: TTA, the rose garden (there is a bench at the bottom of the path -- also we like to actually smell the roses.....people look at us funny, but oh well!), COP and in ToonTown outside of where you get autographs there are a few benches there, finally, riding the train

Epcot: the garden behind the English tea shop (there is a shrub maze there too that DS likes), Ellen's, Figment and any bench around WS (especially right across from SSE -- I forget which country it is but there is an area that juts out and has a fountain there too)

MGM: Backlot Express (somehow there are hardly ever any people there when we are there

AK: Um, I'm not sure there is a cool place in the whole park!! Although when I was prego with DS#1 I was in the Pangani Forest and nearly passed out --- there is a white bench in front of a little fountain that has my name on it where I recovered!

We also like to ride the ferry boat from TTC to MK and the monorail anywhere!!

rafiki fan
09-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Our favorite five are:
1. MK - TTA
2. EP- Maze area behind English shops
3. AK - Flametree area is nice
4. Any empty bench in the shade at any park
5. All time favorite is when we are staying at AKL. There is nothing more relaxing than sitting on your balcony in the morning in your pjs sipping coffee and watching the animals below.

Meerkat
09-28-2008, 09:24 PM
At AK there is a short pathway that leads down to the water between Africa and Asia. At the end of the pathway is a circular area with a bench and the absolute best view of the Tree of Life. We always go there for a rest, and we almost always have it to ourselves.

LandFan
09-29-2008, 05:52 PM
MK: TTA, HOP, COP

Epcot: Oh Canada, Ellen's Energy Adventure, the area by the jumping water

DHS: (This is my least favorite park) Uh, The animation/one man's dream areas I guess.

AK: The veterinarian building at rafikis planet watch and the last pavilion down by the lake behind Flametree bbq.

ariel326
09-30-2008, 08:54 AM
I have also slept in U of E, and also in the American Adventure.:secret::sleepin:

kathiep
09-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Late one night last year, riding iasw for only about the 12th time, the rode stopped for about 10-15 minutes. I think I was out in less than 1.