PDA

View Full Version : Our Trip - DAY 6 (Sept 4th)

Pop Centurion
09-24-2008, 12:57 PM
We awoke to the 8am alarm after a long night to find the swelling in my girlfriends ankles and feet still didn't go down any. Even sleeping with them elevated didn't help. But worst off all was she was once again very tired and asked if I minded skipping breakfast at Chef Mickey's. I agreed since I know she's been pushing herself but this now left us with a second TS since we canceled 1900 Park Fare two days before. We all know how hard it is to get an on the spot ressie during the free DP promo but I gave it a shot.
I really wanted to try Teppan Edo but was unable to get ADR's for dinner weeks in advance for this day. So I gave lunch a shot. Bingo!!!! They had availability for 4:00 which is almost dinner anyway :thumbsup:
Next I tried to book 1900 Park Fare again for the 6th, 7th, or 8th. Nothing available unless we wanted to go when they first started serving which would require a cab. Not worth taking the chance plus I knew she would never get up that early. Finally the guy on the phone said he did have a table for 4 available for the 6th and we could just say the other 2 couldn't make it. I was surprised he was cluing us in on ways around the system.
So after a few hours of letting my girlfriend rest we got up and headed to Epcot. It began to rain as we waited for the bus but had passed by the time we got there.
Since we didn't get out till late we didn't have too much time to waste so we didn't do any rides and only made a quick stop in Club Cool before heading towards WS. On the way there was a squirrel running along one of the rails that was letting people get close to him and he would smell their hands for food. My girlfriend thought it was cute so she walked up and let him smell her hand too. Then a CM came over and told everyone not to do that and gave a speech about him being a rodent and if he bites you, you can rabies and the whole yada, yada.
So we continued on and stopped for a blue lemonade slushy next to the boat launch. I suggested we take the boat across the lagoon so she didn't have to walk too much to start the day and she was more than happy too.
At Teppan Edo we were seated with a couple from Brazil who was on their honeymoon and a family of 4 (2 kids, Grandmother & Aunt) I know some people feel awkward being at a table full of strangers but you couldn't ask for a better more interesting group of people. The 2 kids spoke a little Japanese which was cute. I can't remember exactly but the grandmother was telling my girlfriend that the kids father was Japanese and that's why they knew some phrases. Come to find out she was originally from NJ also. Then we learned something very interesting from the Brazilian couple. Apparently they both wear a ring on their right hand while they're engaged and when they get married they move the ring to the left hand. Everyone found that to be a pretty cool tradition.
We had a female chef who was very funny and put on a great show for everyone. My girlfriend had the Chicken & Shrimp while I had the Scallops. The food was excellent but my girlfriend wasn't too crazy about it. She's a very picky eater so I ate some of hers also. For desert I gave the Green Tea pudding a try which was really good. The husband from the Brazilian couple was also celebrating a birthday and I had forgotten I still had my birthday pin on my camera bag so they brought us both out a piece of cake and had us wear paper chef hats that said happy birthday in both English and Japanese. It was very nice of them especially since I never mentioned anything about it.
It was a Chocolate Ginger cake that was quite good. The ginger was subtle and didn't overpower the cake at all. So all in all we had a great meal and great conversation.
After browsing the gift shop we continued around WS stopping in Italy to watch Romeo & Edna. We never caught the performance before and I thought it was pretty funny. Then it was off to Germany for "Pretzels und Beer" :D
I had the Spatan Maximus in the souvenir mug. Great beer!!! We continued on and watched some girls with the Chinese yo-yo's and then stopped in Norway for another snack. We shared a piece of Chocolate Mousse cake and rested for a few minutes. Boy were we stuffed.
Stopped in Mexico for a few pictures with Donald in his 3 Caballero's outfit. I noticed a dark line across my girlfriends shirt which looked like it was from her leaning against the table while eating the cake in Norway. So we stopped to buy a shirt and then headed into FW for some rides. There was no way we were doing M:S after all that food so we went straight for Soarin. No FP so we got in the standby line that was only 20 mins. In front of us was a weird couple who smelled awful so we tried to hang back a few feet when the line moved. Of course we sat right next to them too on the ride. Then the man was pretending he was shooting at the people on the screen whenever we flew over them then said something to the wife in their language. My girlfriend was creeped out. :laugh:
After that we headed over to the living seas and stopped for a picture attempt with the Nemo character statues. What a mistake that was :mad:
There was a photopass photog so we got in line next. After the people in front of us were done other families started jumping in quickly for their own pictures. The photopass photog was saying excuse me and asking them to wait but everyone kept ignoring him. After about 5 families did this and noticing others about to do the same I said forget it and walked away. Wow! We can't get through one day without encountering someone being rude.
Went inside the Nemo ride and my girlfriend realized she left the bag that had her shirt and my mug in it back at the picture spot. Ran back and it was gone :mad: Asked the photog and a nearby CM but neither had seen it and nobody turned it in. By now I was getting irritable but just brushed it off and moved on. Finished the living seas then did SE. Just as we exited SE, Illuminations was underway so we decided to head for the bus to beat the crowds.
Once back at Pop I suggested we go to the pool and maybe the cold water would help bring down the swelling in my girlfriends feet and ankles but she just wanted to go relax in bed and watch TV, so we did.

ChipnDaleGal
09-24-2008, 01:30 PM
I am so sorry that her feet and ankles continue to give her problems. I always feel bad when people lose any of their much dreamed of WDW time to an unexpected illness or injury. She is a trooper to keep plugging along. Not a good day for her though since she had her bag stolen too. I am hoping for a better day for you both tomorrow. :mickey:

Mackflava99
09-24-2008, 01:37 PM
I am sorry about you losing you bag- i hope noone took it-
Did you ever get it back?

Pop Centurion
09-24-2008, 02:03 PM
We never got the bag back. I forgot to mention that the CM told me she could call a manager and have a merchandise replacement voucher written out for me. After waiting a few minutes she said to go in the Living Seas and when we come out she'll still be there and give it to me instead of waiting. Very nice of her to do. The only problem was we had to use it that night and it was already after 8:30 and I really didn't want to run all the way to Germany before they closed. She wasn't too crazy about the shirt anyway. But I was still without my mug.

As for her feet & ankles. They've been fine since we've been home. It was probably all the walking mixed with the humidity but I keep telling her to go to the doctor just in case it was a sign of something serious.

But thanks everyone for your concern and kind comments.

Lizzie
09-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the report.

tinkerbell04
09-24-2008, 04:57 PM
I am sorry that you lost your bag, and that your girlfriend's having such a hard time with her ankles and her feet. I agree that she should also get it looked at just in case.

faline
09-24-2008, 07:35 PM
Sorry you had some rough patches in your day! Your meal at Teppan Edo sounds like it was lots of fun!

pdrlkr
09-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the reports