PDA

View Full Version : AKL or WL

Airblue1
09-24-2008, 07:49 AM
What are the pros and cons of staying at the AKL or the WL during Christmas? If you would stay at one of the resorts which would it be?
Thank you in advance:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
09-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Both of those resorts are perfect Christmastime resorts. Both are warm and decorate beautifully during the holidays. The difference is the theming, thats all. So I would choose from the two based on that, and also proximity. If MK is your main destination, choose the WL...if you will split up all your parks equally, AKL would be a good choice. Both as I said are perfect holiday resorts. You can't go wrong with either!

BigRedDad
09-24-2008, 09:21 AM
As above, both resorts are about the same. The main difference is the theme and location. Logically, the bus transportation from AKL to MK is longer than WL to MK.

I really liked the Savannah at AKL and waking up to the animals every morning. I did have transportation issues from AKL when we stayed. It was not too bad, but buses did get shared a bit. It was 2 months after 9/11, crowds were low, and occasionally we had to stop at the All Stars. When I was there it was a little upsetting, but in hind sight it was no big deal.

Airblue1
09-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Does the WL transportation run pretty effiecently?

AllDisney
09-24-2008, 06:20 PM
I have stayed at both. I prefer AKL over WL , but that is my opinion and I'm sure that others will prefer WL over AKL.

I like the decor in the rooms at AKL over WL. The lobby, at both resorts, are fantastic. I think you can't go wrong with whatever choice you make:pirate:

faline
09-24-2008, 07:08 PM
I've stayed at both. In fact, last October we were at Animal Kingdom Lodge. A few weeks ago we were at Wilderness Lodge. Both have plusses and minuses. Of the two, though, my favorite is Wilderness Lodge largely because of it's location near the Magic Kingdom and the other resorts in that area. I'm not sure if I've ever been in the Animal Kingdom Lodge around the Christmas holiday but I would certainly rank the holiday decorations at Wilderness Lodge as among the best on property. Personally, Wilderness Lodge would receive the edge - particularlu during the holiday season.