PDA

View Full Version : Great trip!! Here are the details

mrs.jacksparrow
09-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi! Trip Sept 3rd to Sept 7th
Me (Single mom 43) Ds (6 years old)
We had a great flight!!!

Wed Sept. 3rd got there by 10:00 am
ME was great, got to the POFQ by 11:30 and we were given a room right away.
Asked to be changed to a room closer to the the pool and our wishes were granted.:thumbsup:
Had our swim suits in our carry ons and headed to the pool. SWAM till 2:00 up to the room for a rest and a change and took the boat to DTD DQ. HAD a blast at DQ no one was there. The boat ride there from the hotel was awesome.
Had dinner at the house of blues. WAS cold inside but the food was great!
We were very tired so did not head over to see Fantasmic (my only regret but not that much)

Thursday Sept 4th......headed right to the MK for EMH. Had a blast! Walked on and off everything! (well we don't do SM or Splash M so it is relative)
Had the first seating for lunch at CP. Had a wonderful lunch with all the characters.
Went back to hotel for a swim and rest but ended up first renting the little boats and that was fun but then rented a surry bike MISTAKE :thedolls: too hard to peddal that surrey bike for me...MOM had a melt down ...DS relaxed the rest of the trip and did not push me so much after my melt down on the surrey. After a much needed rest
Went back to the park forgot to eat dinner.
Saw the firworks but DS had no interest in seeing the night parade. :jaw: Went on Buzz and stitch over and over instead.

Friday Sept 5th....only cloudy day. If you remember everyone was worried about The hurricane FAY I think.
Had breakfast at the float works and it was good but SLOW I would hate to see it in the busy times.:fit:
We were to go to the Water park with the sharks but Ds loved DQ so much that we went there again. It was awesome. He just loved all the reality type games/rides.

Back to swim at the hotel and then off to MNSSHP and it was awesome. Got DS to go on the HM and we won Million Dreams ears on the way out!

Had dinner with the characters at Liberty tree it was nice only complaint was our salad was really really really limp...I should have complained the table next to us had a nice flufffy salad but I didn't say anthing.
We rode TMR over and over again. No one was in line and they said do you want to go again just stay on!!!!! It was awesome!!!!!! The parade was great. The fireworks wonderful. Sat next to CM at the parade they were so nice one managed Peco Bills and the other cleans the room in the castle. Both so kind and sweet to my son and LOVE working at Disney By the Way.

Saturday Sept 6th....Epcot was great day. Spent the morning in Future world. DS loved test track...did not want to go on Soarin said last year it made him have a headache (news to me) so we passed that. Last year he was afraid of test track. I was fine with anything he wanted to do. This was the hottest day but there are lots of places to cool off in Future world.
We actually took a boat to the Swan/Dolphin and walked to mini golf. DS loved it. Me not soo much. But hey he was good for my GREAT DINNER at chef du France. and our WAITER was a HOTTIE. :cloud9: Really straight from Monaco and HOT...did I say he was HOT. Okay anyway. Sorry :blush:
Watched the fireworks and I don't like that there is no longer the world in the middle..the fire alone is stupid. But we had a good time there. Had CS at the fish and chip place for lunch....Great call, Thanks Intercot never would have tried that without the informatio here!
Epcot is really at two day park and we only had a day so we did not really see the countries too much.
Also did the photo offer from Disney Visa and it was worth it!!!!! Started to feel :ill:

Sunday..Last day! Hollywood studios.
Another Hot day... and I got really sick can you believe it. I think it was from the plane!
I pushed through HS. It was hard but I did it. We loved Toy story. thanks again to intercot we knew to get a fast pass and also wait in line. By the time we came back for our second ride the fast passes were all gone for the day. So we got to ride twice and it was perfect. Every other ride was walk on. Again none of the big stuff (RRC or TT) were on our list.
Had lunch a 50's prime time and the fried chicken was great and so was our CM!!!!
Got back to the hotel with time to spare for DS to swim until it was time for the ME Bus at 5:30.

General comments
Had the DP
Ate almost all our CS at the hotel. It was okay. All our Table services were great! Especially the one in France. DP is still alot of food but I think i saved some money.

The pool at the POFQ is the best. the hotel reminded me so much of my trip to the real New Orleans 20 years ago.
For the price it was worth it. The only place now I'd like to try is the Y&BC or AKL I think

Waited for a bus only once more than 30 minutes. But that was at close of the MK.
Most of the time is was under 15. No complaints Disney is amazing with this stuff in my opinion.

Mouse keeping was okay never got a towel animal. But here is something I did.....I went to the dollar sotre before we left and every day I hid something in the room. It was just enough to add something special and cost me $5. (Got that idea here btw)

Even sick Disney was fun. Ds tried lots of stuff he never did before. He definately is not a SHOW kid and with the exception of the Halloween parade not much into those either. He did ask why it was not as fun as the last trip.....so I think we will wait for a while....maybe....I'm looking at Feb 09 :crazy: I guess it is never as fun as the very very first time but on the last day he cried and said he wanted to live there

brianlw71
09-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Awesome trip report, thanks.

the other micki
09-24-2008, 12:03 AM
Great trip report! Sounds like a wonderful time for you and your son! Can't wait to try 50's PTC in the spring and I know my sons will love Disney Quest, also!!!

SBETigg
09-24-2008, 06:34 AM
Such a fun trip! Love the hottie waiter story. Sorry about the Surrey meltdown. I'm with your son. On the last day, I always cry because I want to live there, too. Thanks for sharing your report. :)

Diznee4Me
09-24-2008, 08:33 AM
Great trip report. Thanks for sharing it with us.

yjgirl32
09-24-2008, 08:45 AM
Nice report- glad you had a good time- plus had some eye candy at the chef du France- I might have to try that place. Great memories!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the report

mouseketeer mom
09-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Great report. I laughed about the surrey bike. I can relate. Those things are not as easy as they seem!!!

Lizzie
09-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the report sounds like you guys had a great time. And some good memories with your son.

tinkerbell04
09-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Great report! Thanks for sharing, it sounds like you had a great time.

faline
09-24-2008, 07:40 PM
We were at the same Halloween party. It was so uncrowded!

Glad you and your son had such a great trip even though you had to struggle through not feeling well!

pdrlkr
09-24-2008, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: