PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Dinner...

nyobabe2
09-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Any input on where to eat Thanksgiving dinner (not in the parks) We're staying at the Poly so I was thinking Ohana but if anyone has any better suggestions I'll take them! Keep in mind it will be 6 adults and 4 kids.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-23-2008, 08:45 PM
My husband and I are eating at 50's prime time cafe at Hollywood Studios on Thanksgiving this year. We'll be there with our sister-n-law and our two nieces. Our one niece is dancing down at Disney over the Thanksgiving weekend. It will be their first time down at Disney so we wanted them to experience a lot. And at 50's prime time they'll have a blast.:D

Next trip: 11/24 thru 12/5 at the POP ( 11 year anniversary )

Pirate Granny
09-23-2008, 11:36 PM
Better book your reservations quickly...there may be not alot available at this late date...
:pirate:

JRoberts1015
09-24-2008, 07:46 AM
It is my understanding that Fultons will be serving their regular menu as well as a Thanksgiving menu. Might want to give them a call. Reservations will probably fill up quickly.

wifey5794
09-24-2008, 08:27 AM
I would say you may be out of luck. We have just decided to head down that week. I didn;t have any trouble getting the hotel I wanted, but I haven't had much luck with ADR's. Which I have to say is very disappointing. We were there in June and Dec 07. Both trips in almost every restaurant (even CG) they had empty tables. I spke to a manager at Ohana's who told me that it about 30% of the tables remain empty about 4 nights out of 7 because people cancel. I don;t know how many people will cancel during Thanksgiving week, but in June we just called from the parks and got in to almost everything we wanted to.

Keep trying - I am going to be calling EVERYDAY!

DVC_dad
09-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Staying at the Poly?

You may want to just phone the resort directly and ask them what the menu on Thanksgiving Day will be. Many of the resort restuarants (espeically the premium like Poly) do have a special menu on special days.

We had the best Thanksgiving Dinner ever one year at Old Key West, which is saying something as its not that great of a restaurant really, maybe becuase they don't have Pooh Characters there anymore. I tend to get baised when these places do "cut backs" you know.

Ofcourse The Liberty Tree Tavern serves Thanksgiving Dinner every single day of the year and it really is good.

I know you are staying at the Poly, but if you were to "rent points" from a DVC member, and stay at a DVC resort (which by the way is almost always far cheaper than paying premium rates and for a better room as well) you could cook your own Thnaksgiving Dinner. We did that one year at the Boardwalk Villas 3 Bedroom Grand. We had 18 people (all extended family) there by the time all was said and done and it was THE ultimate Thanksgiving we have ever had.

Sorry to be long winded, but alas, I am. :(