PDA

View Full Version : need some pixie dust plz

terri.m
09-23-2008, 03:48 PM
It's been a rough month and it's just gotten worse.

First DH's grandpa died, then we found out my grandma has terminal cancer and not much time left at all.

Then my dad had a stroke this morning. It was relatively mild but he will be in the hospital for a few days. Problem with that is that he and DH work together so it looks like our Hawaii trip is off. We were suppose to leave in 2 weeks and we don't know if he will be able to go back to work by then.

At least our Visa insurance covers everything.

Oh and for those that remember Ty's operation last year, he has an infection there and is on antibiotics and off school for a few more days.

On the bright side, since there has to be one, DH said if this trip gets canceled we'll go to WDW in the spring.

Blue Genie
09-23-2008, 05:19 PM
So sorry to hear your troubles there Tear. I will pray and here is some Tinkerbell pixie dust for you and family.

:pixie::tink:

SBETigg
09-23-2008, 05:32 PM
I've had a couple of months like that now, without going into detail, and it can take a toll. Make sure you take some time to yourself, moments here and there, to de-stress.

:pixie: :pixie:

Best wishes to you and your family.

chrisb26
09-23-2008, 06:40 PM
Sorry to hear that Tea here is some :pixie: :pixie: that everything gets better soon :)

faline
09-23-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm so sorry! Sometimes it seems like the bad things never end! Be strong! Here's some more :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: for you and your family!

Patricia
09-23-2008, 06:43 PM
aww Tea.. Sorry things have been so difficult for you. Warm wishes for speedy recoveries for both your Dad and Ty.

Big hugs to you and loads of pixie dust. :tink:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
09-23-2008, 08:04 PM
I'm sorry for you Tea that things aren't going too well. Plenty of :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for you, and I hope things get better :)

JPL
09-23-2008, 08:05 PM
:pixie: :pixie:

Hope everything works out for you and here's to a speedy recovery to your Dad and Ty.

Chescat
09-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Tea. :pixie::pixie:

This has been a horrible year for all of us. I can't wait for it to be over.

wizardmickey
09-23-2008, 10:48 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:
Sending a truckload of that shiny pixie dust and tons of positive energy, best wishes and prayer! And hoping you get to make at least one of your trips... sounds like y'all will need the decompression time.

terri.m
09-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Thanks everyone! It's much appreciated.

He's doing quite well. Thankfully it was a very minor stroke but he is still in the hospital and I have to cancel our trip today. :( We are hoping to go mid November instead but we'll have to see how that goes.

Jeremy
09-25-2008, 10:11 AM
Sorry To hear Tea about all thats going on in your family. Pixie dust on its way.:pixie::pixie:

IM also sorry you have to cancel your trip.

Last year and this year been crazy for our family to, alot has happen.:(
we just getting over Hurricane Ike.

Tink's Mom
09-25-2008, 01:29 PM
:pixie: :pixie: I am so sorry to hear of everything you are going through. :pixie: :pixie:

Chescat
09-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Tea, you just need to take it a week at a time. I've learn in the last month, don't make any decisions on trips and such until it gets closer or where you get to the point that reservations and stuff can't be refunded. It may still turn out that you can go.

Jeremy, look time no see! Hope you guys didn't get too much damage in Ike. Take care of yourself.

TinkRocks
09-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Lots of :pixie: for you and your family, Tea.

:grouphug:

cheshirecollector
09-26-2008, 08:22 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

janmathatter
09-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Take care Tea, my thoughts and prayers are with your family.:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Marla
09-27-2008, 06:50 PM
:pixie:Hang in there Tea:pixie::tink:

Patricia
10-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Tea, how is everyone feeling today? Are they on the mend?

terri.m
10-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Thanks again everyone!!

He's doing much better and is on a very light work schedule. My grandma is still hanging in there too and Ty isn't broken.

We did postpone the trip as we can't leave my dad at work alone yet. We have planned on Nov 19-26 instead but we'll wait a couple weeks to book to see how he is doing.