PDA

View Full Version : Behind the Seeds Tour

KAT1811
09-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Anyone have any information on the Behind the Seeds Tour? DH and I are thinking that he and our oldest DD (maybe our middle DD4 if she is old enough) will go on the tour. I was wondering what the feedback was like on the tour. We own an agricultural related business so it would be very interesting and informative. I would have to stay behind with our youngest DD2 but I figure that she and I can ride some rides and hang out while they are doing the tour. Thank you for any and all input!

Laughin' place
09-23-2008, 01:17 PM
My wife is a real gardening buff, so I took her on the Behind the Seeds this June. It was an excellent, educational, fun tour. Im not sure about the appeal to a 4 year old, and you didnt mention how old the oder child was.
We really enjoyed it, and I would highly recommend it, even to those not that into horticulture (like me). Hope you go, and enjoy:thumbsup:

KAT1811
09-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Our oldest is almost 12. Our 4 year old just wants to be where Daddy and big sis are and would probably feel very left out. Actualy I think she may enjoy the tour. She loves agriculture (she is amazed at growing things) and on our last trip she made me ride the Living with the Land ride twice in a row (while everyone else was on Soarin') and wanted to go back a third time (by then everyone was done with Soarin' or we would have gone again).

Thank you for the info. I think we'll try it. Did you make reservations before you left or did you just walk up?

EmmMOM2
09-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Im the PERFECT person to answer your question!!

I just got back from Disney about 2 weeks ago.

My Dh and I took the Behind the Seeds tour WITH our 4 1/2 year old son and 14 month old Daughter.

My daughter was easy and just let me hold her the whole time.

My 4 year old LOVED it!
HE got to release ladybugs onto some of the plants, and got to feed the fish too which was a highlight as well as seeing the baby alligators up close.
We got to try some cucumbers grown their which he liked and at the END he got a "Fine Fish Farmer" certificate from the Disney Seeds Tour Crew. IT was a neat experience.....

We would def do it again....

Our guide was Jen and she was great I've heard sometimes it depends on your guide as to how fun it is.

Anyhow i'd reccomend it as long as your child is into bugs and outdoors and such!!

HAVE FUN!!!

KAT1811
09-24-2008, 12:56 PM
So I could take the littlest of our troup if I wanted to. I wasn't aware that this was a tour for all ages. I am thinking that the little one and I will still sit it out but I am gald to know that we don't have to.

maxrebo77
09-24-2008, 01:59 PM
I finally took this tour last year. No kids on ours, but I was more than willing to do the lady bug release and get the certificate. It is only an hour. any child will like it.
The story about the tomato tree is great. Any kid will like the Mickey pumkins and of course the bitty gators.
Recommended
Listen to the Land We All Love
Just Listen to the Land

mudpuppysmom
09-24-2008, 09:56 PM
We've taken the tour three times now. The first time DS#1 was 3 and he was so elated about releasing the ladybugs!! He has also gotten to feed the fish and has asked countless questions of the guides who have been wonderful with all the kids on the tours we have been on.

We have always had kids on the three tours we have taken and I would say everyone should go in your party.....you should be able to take your stroller with you I do believe, but then again I think you have to leave your stroller outside the Land pavilion, so maybe you can't???? Hmmmm, there's a question for me next time I go in December with an infant!! Geeze, if I have to lug him thru there I'll be spent by the time I get back to the stroller!

Anyway, take everyone and go -- you'll all have a great time!!

EmmMOM2
09-25-2008, 09:06 AM
You CAN bring strollers as we brought ours and it was no problem!!! :mickey:

WDWFanatic
04-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Has anyone done this recently? We are leaving in 9 days WOO HOO and are thinking of doing this tour.

Our boys are 14 and 11, will they enjoy it also?

I just got my April Mickey Monitor and there was a big write up about it, which I'm sure will make it more popular.

Did anyone have trouble getting a reservation?

Thanks

Villains0501
04-10-2009, 12:22 PM
I find the tour interesting and rather charming yet, when the tour gets about half way, it becomes a tad tedious

Dopey's Girl
04-10-2009, 07:29 PM
I took the tour in January and loved it! We got a tasty sample, got to see all the plants close up, got to feed the fish, and got to see the aligators up close! It was very cool, and I would go back in a second!

WDWFanatic
04-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Does anyone know the current cost?

maxrebo77
04-14-2009, 05:10 PM
When I went last year it was $14 I think and ten for kids 3-9. There was a certificate for kids too, and a little magnifying glass to see the ladybugs up close.

maxrebo77
04-14-2009, 05:19 PM
This may have changed, but I think you can only sign up on the day you are there. Just go to the desk in the land before you get to Soarin". If you are there early, no problem. If you wait until later in the day, maybe.
Just a note, unless your boys are really interested in this kind of thing, they may be bored, especially the 14-YO.