PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin Excursions?

houseofmouse103
09-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Has anyone been on either of the 3 dolphin excurions offered in Cozumel? It sounds like there are 3 tiers to the excursions, first being watching, second being touching a dolphin and the third being swimming with them. Am I right and is it worth the $$$? Thanks!

#1disneyfan
10-01-2008, 01:28 PM
My cousin did the dolphin excursion in Cozumel on a different cruise line. She did the dolphin swim and absolutely loved it! We did the encounter in the bahamas and we loved it also. I would say it is up to you, but my thinking was it is a once in a lifetime opportunity! Have a great time!

Donald_Quackers
10-01-2008, 11:25 PM
I've reserved the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter for my December cruise, and I can't wait to check that out!

On a side note, I'm also excited to ride the waverunners on Castaway.

#1disneyfan
10-04-2008, 09:37 PM
We wanted to use the little electric type chair boats that they had on Castaway Cay. Not sure what they were called :blush:, but anyway our weather was too bad and windy that they suspended all water activities. Hope you have better luck! Have a great time.

houseofmouse103
10-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the all insight. I've booked the excursion thinking too it will probably be a once in a lifetime event like swimming with the stingrays.

brdavis
10-09-2008, 07:40 AM
We did the Dolphin swim before Disney picked up the "full" (upper-end) version, and loved it. I would say it was once in a lifetime, except I'll make it a point to spend the money to do it again when/if we're there. I loved it as did my DW and DS (9 at the time). The feeling of having two dolphins pushing me and lifting me out of the water... was indescribable.

--
Brian Davis

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-19-2008, 08:42 PM
We did this on a different cruise line and it was only standing on the platform and touching the dolphins. It was at Chacanaub (SP?) and I didn't look really closely but it looked like you could do it on your own as well. It was just a short cab ride from the ship as well.

buzz638
10-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Do not hesitate, it is, like other posters mentioned, a once in a lifetime experience. We did it on our 2003 Disney cruise at Chankanaab national park,Cozumel (beautiful place by the way) . We did the full swim with the dolphins, you touch them, you grab their finns and they pull you, and they push you under your feet. WOW ! an incredible feeling:thumbsup:

No offense to Disney, but we booked it ourselves and everything went great. Took a taxi to park and back and it was a lot of fun.

That will probably be THE excursion of your trip...

Buzz