PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best breakfast?

elmjimmlm
09-23-2008, 10:52 AM
I am trying to decide on breakfast for our upcoming trip...We have done Donalds, Crystal Palace breakfast and we love Boatwrights and eat there every year but I am looking for another place to go...It doesn't matter if it is a buffet or off the menu...Just let me know your reviews...Thanks :mickey:

faline
09-23-2008, 11:13 AM
One of my favorite breakfast spots at Disney World is the Grand Floridian Cafe. Wonderful food and great ambience!

TKDONALD
09-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Ohana's Is The Best By Fare To Me. I Have Eaten There Every Trip That I Go On.

KatMark
09-23-2008, 11:48 AM
We have not tried it, but I have heard that Boma's outshines them all (we are going on our next trip...couldn't fit it in this year). We always do Crystal Palace and tried Cape May Cafe this year (it was okay--about the same as Chef Mickey's). We havent' done Ohanas since they switched from Minnie to Stitch (sorry...can't stand the little guy) and went from buffet to family style--not a family style type person.

DDuck66
09-23-2008, 11:48 AM
When we stayed at the Poly this past May, we really loved the Kona Cafe for breakfast. I had the fruit filled pineapple and my DW had an omelette. The service was wonderful and the food was great. It was really nice to have a nice breakfast without all of the crowd noise that is prevelent at the Character Buffetts.

Madame Leona
09-23-2008, 11:54 AM
I really like Kona Cafe. MMMMM Tonga Toast!

Marilyn Michetti
09-23-2008, 12:13 PM
We like 1900 Park Fair. Lots of fruit along with the usual stuff. Mostly we like it because some of the characters speak, and DH just LOVES to talk. If they're not busy, and no little kids around, they will give us tips about getting around the parks, and answer questions about their jobs.:mickey:

henry.james.s
09-23-2008, 12:24 PM
B'Fast st Boma is IT for me!!:number1:

SurferStitch
09-23-2008, 12:31 PM
One of my favorite breakfast spots at Disney World is the Grand Floridian Cafe. Wonderful food and great ambience!

I was also going to recommend this. It's our favorite breakfast spot on property.

We also love to visit Lilo and Stitch at 'Ohana. Food is decent, pineapple bread is delicious, and Stitch is there....that's all I need.

goofygirl64
09-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Here's another vote for Kona Cafe. I had the Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes last year and all I can say is OMG!! They were SO good. We will definitely be dining there again. YUMMY!!

lightyearfan
09-23-2008, 12:49 PM
well me and dw would vote for Boatwrights, but since you've said that you've been there and want to try something new then we would suggest Boma's or Kona Cafe, both are very very good.

Victor

Tinkerbella16
09-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Kona Kafe is my favorite place for a nice relaxing breakfast...at one of the most relaxing, beautiful resorts on property. Nothing like a great breakfast, walking around the Poly afterwards taking in the atmosphere, then catching the monorail to MK for the day. :cloud9:

ElenitaB
09-23-2008, 01:18 PM
I'd like to add Spoodles to the list. We've really enjoyed our breakfasts there before heading out to DHS or EPCOT.

My DS would probably add Whispering Canyon Cafe (not quiet or elegant, but definitely good).

disney100%
09-23-2008, 02:17 PM
On our upcoming trip we are returning to the Cape May Cafe Character Breakfast. We love it! On our last trip, the character interaction with us (6 adults) and our son was wonderful - he was only 14 months at the time. Our server was fun and one of the best we have had at Disney. Another benefit of Cape May is that when you are done, you can walk right into EPCOT (though World Showcase does not open to 11) or you can take the boat to DHS.

pox24
09-23-2008, 03:42 PM
If you want quality, quantity, variety and don't mind a little noise then its 1900 Park Fare for me.
If you want classy, elegant and great food, then its Grand Floridian Cafe. We prefer the latter.

obsessive planner
09-23-2008, 04:03 PM
DH and I ate at Boma's for breakfast on our recent trip and we both loved it and agreed it was the best one we had while there.

DVC_dad
09-24-2008, 08:38 AM
Over the past 5 or 6 years, we have had almost all of the breakfasts available anywhere in WDW. Now I know that is a bold statement, and that is why I use the word "almost". I must admit right off the bat that we have NOT had Boma for breakfast but have had it for dinner and it was excellent. We will be trying it for breakfast in Nov 08.

At any rate, my kids' personal favorite breakfast is Donald's Breakfastosaurus, served in the Animal Kingdom Park. It is a character breakfast and it is buffet / camp style. The premis is that you are on location of a dinosaur dig site. It's a fun and easy time.

My personal breakfast, based solely on FOOD is easily at "Hollywood and Vine" which is located inside of MGM/Disney Studios (I will forever call it MGM). To me, the choice and quality of food there is tops.

TwingleMom
09-25-2008, 09:39 AM
#1 ~ Kona. Tonga Toast is a WDW legend and if you've never had it well you've never lived. Also at Kona is the aforementioned Pineapple macadenia nut pancakes :cloud9: OMG these were incredible. I have dreams about them ( its a sickness I know) We get an order of Tonga Toast to share (theres 5 of us) and I get my Mac Daddy pancakes (those I definately DO NOT share ;)This is also one of the only places with decent coffee. DH is a huge coffee drinker (black no sugar) no theres no fooling him and he hates WDW coffee except at the Poly and AKL.

Donalds & Stitches breakfast are must do every trip.

Boma~ not a fan. we love Boma for dinner and wanted to love it at breakfast but were underwhelmed. We alove AKL. We have been to Africa for 6 weeks. Believe me I wanted to enjoy Boma's breakfast I just felt it wasn't worth the trip. But thats just us.

Shugoondola
09-25-2008, 01:11 PM
My favorite breakfast is probably at Boma. It is so good. :number1:

I also like Fresh in the Dolphin resort.

:mickey:

Bethany0517
09-25-2008, 01:22 PM
I thought the selection at the Animal Kingdom Lodges, Bomas, was amazing. Great food, my husband is a picky eater and he loved it.

Insanity Clause
09-25-2008, 01:25 PM
The character breakfast at 1900 Park Faire is very good, that is located at the Grand Floridian. I really enjoyed it!

wdwfansince75
09-25-2008, 01:32 PM
We would recommend the Safari Breakfast at Tusker House in AK....replaced the Breakfastasaurus this year, and is outstanding. Prefer it to 1900 PF, Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace, all of which we have also enjoyed over the years. Fondly remember breakfast at Tony's, but they stopped serving it years ago. Don't know if the Grand Gathering breakfast offered at Tony's is based on the original menu.

DisneyFr33k
09-26-2008, 12:35 PM
The best 2 breakfasts are Boma (in the Animal Kingdom Lodge) besides Cinderella's Castle. We could do without the princesses - the food was terrific in the Castle. They would bring out as much as you could eat! Boma offered a variety of ethic foods and a fruit smoothie was included with our meal (we were on the dining plan). You can't lose with either of these!

Natazu
09-27-2008, 02:22 AM
Jym’s Top-7 Best Breakfasts at WDW:
7. Boatwright’s
6. The Wave
5. Spoodle’s
4. Kona Café
3. Boma
2. Olivia’s
1. Grand Floridian Café

Nesser480
09-28-2008, 04:20 AM
I am so glad I read this thread. I was trying to decide between 'ohana's and Boma. I can't stand Stitch either so 'ohana's is out. But I am intrigued with tunga toast and mac. nut pancakes so kona cafe it is! :mickey:

Minnie Imagineer
09-28-2008, 09:49 AM
I love 1900 Park Faire and CRT since they have this whole bowl og yogurt, granola, and fruit! yum
personally, I didn't like Kona

elmjimmlm
09-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Do you think that its worth going to AKL from POR to eat breakfast at Boma?

Rhetoric2000
09-28-2008, 02:14 PM
At the risk of sounding like a broken record I'm also going to say Kona Cafe.

It's a combination of the food, the ambience, the price, and the practicality of it when you're sepnding a day at the Magik Kingdom.

I'm fascinated by all the rec's on here for Grand Floridian Cafe!!! There's a must try for the future.

PETE FROM NYC
10-01-2008, 01:30 PM
We go to WDW for the parks.The food is a necessity,a means to an end.Anything that delays or limits our park time is a no-no.So we almost never go to a different hotel for breakfast.We are also somewhat budget minded,so the pricier eateries do not fit into either our time or financial budgets.We usually eat in our hotel,or get a fast food type breakfast or a character breakfast in our park du jour.About the only exception in recent trips was one breakfast at Chef Mickeys,where it cost a bit more than a park character breakfast,with practically the same selections.

Experiment626
10-02-2008, 03:44 PM
2 places top my list for breakfast.

Bomas and the Kona Cafe:mickey:

LoriSan
10-02-2008, 04:23 PM
I love breakfast at Chef Mickey's

Tinkerbella16
10-02-2008, 09:59 PM
I love breakfast at Chef Mickey's

Yes, me too!! For a character breafast my first choice would def be Chef Mickeys...they have the BEST buffet. They have soooo many choices of foods...it really is great.

Most of the time, I won't do the character breakfasts...so Kona is my #1 pick. It is relaxing, at my fave resort, and a perfect place to start a day at the MK. For some reason, being at the Poly before getting on the monorail to MK is the best feeling in the world!

MinnieMommie
10-02-2008, 11:41 PM
My personal breakfast, based solely on FOOD is easily at "Hollywood and Vine" which is located inside of MGM/Disney Studios (I will forever call it MGM). To me, the choice and quality of food there is tops.

We too have eaten breakfast at almost all the offerings over the years. I agree that Hollywood and Vine actually had surprisingly good food - a very good meal if looking at food only.

Our personal favorite is 1900 Park Fare. I guess that is the family consensus. When we are only going to do one big breakfast that is where we end up. :mickey:

pixiesmimi
10-03-2008, 06:21 PM
We have done several different breakfasts but I think my favorite were O'Hana's and Norway. We loved the food at O'Hana's, never mind that I don't like Stitch. We didn't see enough of him to let it bother us but DGS enjoyed them. The food at Norway for the Princess Breakfast was really great also.