PDA

View Full Version : Boma

twosiamesecats
09-23-2008, 10:39 AM
We are staying at the Poly. What is the best way to get to and back from the Poly and the AKL? Our dinner reservation at Boma's is 7:00pm. How much time should we allow for travel? We will be taking Disney transportation. Thanks!

faline
09-23-2008, 10:56 AM
If the Animal Kingdom park is closed, you can transfer to Animal Kingdom Lodge at any park that is still open. If any parks are open after dinner, you can do the same in reverse. Otherwise, you will need to transfer at Downtown Disney or take a cab back.

DDuck66
09-23-2008, 11:51 AM
If you can get the bus (as mentioned above), I would give myself at least an hour and a half for each trip. You may make it with time to spare, but that will just give you more time to enjoy the AKL and its shops.

Tinkerfreak
09-23-2008, 02:12 PM
If you can get the bus (as mentioned above), I would give myself at least an hour and a half for each trip. You may make it with time to spare, but that will just give you more time to enjoy the AKL and its shops.

I second this. We have actually had it take an hour and a half to get from resort to resort. Now we just spend the money and take a cab. Time is money when I'm at Disney and I just can't see waiting that long.

Belle_0717
09-26-2008, 12:05 PM
If you are staying at Poly take the monorail to MK. Go directly to the bus for AKL. If MK is still open when you finish dinner take a bus from AKL to MK. Then take the monorail to Poly. There is so much to do at AKL, plan on giving yourself 1 1/2 - 2 hours for travel . This way you can spend time looking around AKL.

Lokii77
09-26-2008, 12:33 PM
We stayed at AKL in Sept. We had a reservation at Calif Grill at 7pm. Took us about hour and 15 minutes (waiting for bus, monorail, travel time), to get there from AKL. Best bet monorail to MK, grab AKL bus, as Animal Kingdom closes at 5pm most days. Just reverse coming back. Boma has great food and nice atmosphere. Enjoy.

7swans
09-27-2008, 03:26 PM
We found it worth the $ to grab a cab now & then when we are without a car. Much more relaxing than worrying about being late.