PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Sink?

ojeilatan
09-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Hey everyone!
We are beginning to plan our next WDW trip (june 09!). A friend of ours told us about a place we are very interested in stopping by, but he could not remember the full name of the place, or the resort it was in.

He said he and his wife found a pathway in WorldShowcase (he said he thought it was near France) that took them out of EPCOT and to a nearby resort. Right off this pathway was an ice cream shop in the resort, where they serve ice cream sundaes in kitchen sink - like bowls; if you finish all the ice cream you can keep the sink.

We thought this may be a fun place to stop at, but unfortunately, as I don't know which resort this was, I cannot find any information.

Does anyone know which place this is? And if so, have you been there? Is it worth a stop?

Thanks a million! :mickey:

3AMommy
09-22-2008, 01:53 PM
That is at the Beaches'n'Cream soda shoppe at the Beach Club Resort.

I don't know that they let you keep the sink, but it is a fun thing to do, at least once!!!

Here is a link for you to see it in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtpMLN7B2hk

3AMommy

P.S. Hope you're hungry:D

ojeilatan
09-22-2008, 01:58 PM
Thank you tons! As this will be a girl's only trip, that sounds right up our alley :) Thanks for the link! :D

And perhaps I had that backwards - maybe he'd said you get it free not keep the bowl. :blush:

DisneyMomma23
09-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Beaches N Cream is definitely a fun place to visit and their sundaes are amazing! the kitchen sink is GINORMOUS - i think when we were there back in 2006 it cost around $22 and if you want to try and get it for free only one person is allowed to eat out of it and they have to finish it all. its totally something fun to order and split though, just make sure you bring an appetite lol.

Goofeygal
09-22-2008, 03:05 PM
We went and had the kitchen sink once and it was great.:mickey:

Ian
09-22-2008, 03:18 PM
We love Beaches -n- Cream and we have tried the Kitchen Sink.

All I can say is, bring your appetite. It's HUGE!!

xipetotec
09-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Hey everyone!
We are beginning to plan our next WDW trip (june 09!). A friend of ours told us about a place we are very interested in stopping by, but he could not remember the full name of the place, or the resort it was in.

He said he and his wife found a pathway in WorldShowcase (he said he thought it was near France) that took them out of EPCOT and to a nearby resort. Right off this pathway was an ice cream shop in the resort, where they serve ice cream sundaes in kitchen sink - like bowls; if you finish all the ice cream you can keep the sink.

We thought this may be a fun place to stop at, but unfortunately, as I don't know which resort this was, I cannot find any information.

Does anyone know which place this is? And if so, have you been there? Is it worth a stop?

Thanks a million! :mickey:

We stay at the Beach Club Villas ( inside the Beach Club ) and yes, it's at Beaches and Cream inside that resort ( by the giant pool there ). It is truly an experience to say the least. (i.e. It's huge! )

ojeilatan
09-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the info everyone :) It sounds like something we will for sure have to stop by on our girls only vacation - four women + gigantic ice cream = heaven!:cloud9:
Does anyone know if it's still around $22? (for future reference) That's not bad for the four of us; around 5 a piece.

ElenitaB
09-22-2008, 11:14 PM
As far as I know, it will still cost you $22 and a whole lotta calories! (But calories don't count at WDW, right?)

ojeilatan
09-24-2008, 08:54 PM
As far as I know, it will still cost you $22 and a whole lotta calories! (But calories don't count at WDW, right?)

Agreed! Calories do not exist in WDW :D

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-25-2008, 12:22 AM
Tinkerbell uses her pixie dust to make them all disappear.

You don't get to keep the sink though.

We had 4 high school seniors back in the day when we went and we couldn't finish it all.