PDA

View Full Version : Sept or Oct for 2009?

disneykid99
09-22-2008, 01:39 PM
We just got back from a wonderful WDW trip. We stayed at the POP and took advantage of the bounce back offer for next year. I booked it for September but I am not considering the first week of Oct. I am wondering if the weather will be a bit cooler and if the crowds will be a little lighter than this past week? I would love your input on this. We have been in Oct. but my DH and I have different memories of how crowded it was (he is remembering it being very crowded).
Thanks for the help:mickey:

Strmchsr
09-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Crowds will probably be pretty close the same. Early October isn't as crowded as late October, but October has become a lot more popular with the MNSSHP.

As for weather, hit and miss. Check the historic weather conditions in Info Central and you'll see the exact conditions for the last few years. You'll get mid 80s to around 90 for highs mostly, which is basically what you get in mid to late September. It's really mid to late October before things begin to cool off considerably.

Disney Lynn
09-23-2008, 07:48 AM
I agree with Strmchsr re the weather and the crowds (that is, there's not much weekly difference from mid-September through mid-October).

However,I noice that you've had free dining the last two years; you may be more likely to have free dining in September 2009 than in October 2009. This is only based on what WDW has historically offered. Of course there's no guarantee that WDW will ever again offer free dining! But if you're a gambler, the odds on free dining are better for September!