PDA

View Full Version : Resort Question

Insanity Clause
09-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Okay, I am going to freely admit to OPD..Over Planning Disorder. I was just curious as to what your thought were out there.

In April we will be there for the firts time with 'some' of our kids. We have five in all age 2,4,7,8,10, when we visit we will only have the three older ones with us. My question is in regards to our next visit which we are planning for Dec 2010 for our second eldest 10th birthday. Here is my question, due to our family size our options get limited. We would really like to stay on the propery but with 7 that gets difficult, I think the cheapest that came up was Saratoga Springs and that was for 7000. I was thinking of two room at the value but I am not sure if they have adjoining rooms or not. I would like it to be able to just open the door up between the rooms if that is possible? Anyone out there know the answer or have anything else to suggest for large families?

disneyfan328
09-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Yes you can get connecting rooms at a value - if you have more kids than adults in your party (which you do) they have to give you connecting rooms (vs. rooms that are just near each other). I believe that you can leave the door between them open - I don't see why not as both doors to the outside lock so you should be good. This is probably the cheapest option as far as rooming goes.

good luck regardless. we love ASMu!!!

Missy_Mouses_Dad
09-22-2008, 01:35 PM
We stayed at All Star Movies in August, and our room had an adjoining door. Our family loves Movies. The hotel themes are geared more towards the kids. All Star Sports was fun also.

Have fun..:mickey:

disneymom15
09-22-2008, 01:55 PM
We stay at the values all the time and have had connecting rooms on several trips. Yes, the doors can be left open. Pop Century is our favorite, with AS movies second choice. You might want to check AS music family suite.

disneygeek84
09-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Yes, all the value resorts have connecting rooms and you can leave the door open as much as you want. We've done this a few times taking big groups and once in 2000 with my family (There's 6 of us in my family so we needed two rooms as well).

Oh, and the All Star Music suites only sleep 6, so that wouldn't be an option for your family.

Tinkerbella16
09-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Yes the values have adjoining rooms...we usually get them every year when we have more than one room. Last year we even got them at POR...which was very nice. We had me, my sister, and cousin in one room..and My aunt, uncle, and two small cousins in the other. It was really cute because every morning...the two little ones were so excited to wake up and knock on the door so that our rooms would connect and we could play with them while getting ready. POR rooms are a bit roomier than the values...but if you are choosing a value, I'd choose Pop Century! We love that resort...and it has the best foodcourt.

hel5165
09-22-2008, 05:51 PM
If you really want to save some money, wait for the free dining offer. This is usually announced in April for stays beginning mid-August thru 3rd week of Sept.

Goofy4TheWorld
09-22-2008, 09:43 PM
Yes, all the value resorts have connecting rooms and you can leave the door open as much as you want.

Is this true, ALL value rooms have connecting doors? Every time someone here talks about getting connecting rooms, someone chimes in to remind us all that connecting is not guaranteed. If all rooms have connecting doors, how on Earth could Disney find it reasonable to refuse to GUARANTEE connectors???

kakn7294
09-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Is this true, ALL value rooms have connecting doors? Every time someone here talks about getting connecting rooms, someone chimes in to remind us all that connecting is not guaranteed. If all rooms have connecting doors, how on Earth could Disney find it reasonable to refuse to GUARANTEE connectors???All of the Value Resorts have connecting rooms but not all rooms at these resorts are connecting rooms. We have had both at ASSp and ASMu.

Goofy4TheWorld
09-22-2008, 10:34 PM
All of the Value Resorts have connecting rooms but not all rooms at these resorts are connecting rooms. We have had both at ASSp and ASMu.

After my third reading of that post, :oops: that makes a lot more sense :blush:

Wickster1970
09-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Yes, my "insane" :animal: DW has OPD. I suffer from it as well. :mickey:
From these responses it looks like connecting rooms at a value will end up winning. I have heard that POP is the slightly better of the three.
We could always hope for a <gasp> upgrade!!