PDA

View Full Version : Not Interested in Characters

twosiamesecats
09-22-2008, 01:07 PM
My 12dd and myself have a reservation for dinner at 1900 Park Fare. We chose this restaurant because we love buffets. However, my 12dd is not interested in interacting with Cinderella and her step sisters. Any advice on keeping the character interaction as brief as possible? We don't want to keep Cinderella and gang from her fans. Thanks!

faline
09-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Geneally, characters will stop and do a brief meeting. If you're not interested in more interaction, they'll simply move along to the next table!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-22-2008, 01:14 PM
There are other buffets without characters.

I don't think you should pay the premium for the characters if you don't want to meet them.

TheRustyScupper
09-22-2008, 02:40 PM
There are other buffets without characters.

1) I think old age (or baldness) has affected my brain.
2) I can't think of a breakfast buffet w/o characters, other than Trail's End.
3) Can anyone refresh my brain?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Hollywood and Vine for dinner only.

Boma's, which I love. Whispering Canyon has all you care to eat. Yacht Club Galley, Maya Grill for breakfast,

Isn't Tusker House, Cape May's dinner and O'hana's dinner a non-character meal too?

Biergarten and Hoop de Doo are shows, which you can ignore.

But I might be wrong on some of these.

kakn7294
09-22-2008, 03:41 PM
The characters will still stop by your table regardless so if you are not interested in much of an interaction, just simply politely acknowledge them when they come to your table. You can tell them that you are not doing autographs or pictures if necessary.

TheRustyScupper
09-22-2008, 04:34 PM
1) Thanks, Jessica.
. . . forgot about Maya for breakfast, and didn't remember that YC was a buffet.
. . . as for WCC, I don't really put an all-you-can-eat into a buffet category.

2) Now, how about the character dinners where you don't interact with princesses?
3) That was a concern in your posting.
. . . Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, Cape May, Hana's
. . . just wave off the characters if you don't want them to stop
. . . they are VERY good about this

NOTE: Characters are used to not interacting. Some kids are afraid of the big characters, and others just don't want them to stop and play around.

ojeilatan
09-22-2008, 08:05 PM
We (being my boyfriend and I) had breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen in Disneyland last Spring (which, if you ever make a DL trip is a MUST DO) and were not very interested in the characters interacting with us either. We simply wanted the food and the atmosphere. Most characters did not spend much time at
our table as we are a twenty-something couple, and the place was swarming with kids. For those that did, we either said hello, and interacted for a few moments, or stood up right away, got a picture, and saif thank you. Most could tell we were just fine with them moving on.

Be sure to post a review of the meal; I've never been and have always been interested in eating there! Have a great trip :mickey:

joanna71985
09-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Don't worry. The characters are pretty good in sensing people that don't want to interact with them.

Polynesian Dweller
09-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Don't worry. The characters are pretty good in sensing people that don't want to interact with them.

Wish that was so but its not been our experience. We used to go to places like Crystal Palace and Akershus which we enjoyed pre-characters. It would be nice simply to be able to sit back and watch the action but not be a part of it.I love the characters but the interaction is not something I've enjoyed, don't know why its just that way. But I do really get a kick out of watching the joy of the little kids when they meet a character they love, its terrific and that's who it should be for, not someone of my more senior years.

But we always seemed to get pestered by the characters even though we tried to indicate no, to the point it was unpleasant and they frequently didn't take the hint of when enough was enough. We ended up having to take these places off our list of possibilities. I wish it was possible to make the indication by some sort of tag on your table. Then some of us wouldn't have to avoid some restaurants.

joanna71985
09-23-2008, 04:17 PM
But we always seemed to get pestered by the characters even though we tried to indicate no, to the point it was unpleasant and they frequently didn't take the hint of when enough was enough. We ended up having to take these places off our list of possibilities. I wish it was possible to make the indication by some sort of tag on your table. Then some of us wouldn't have to avoid some restaurants.

Wow, that's not right! They should not do that. It's weird, because everytime I'm at LTT or CP, the characters will just wave or something and just walk away.

Janet U
09-23-2008, 05:11 PM
My husband and I went to LTT years ago and were asked by a CM if the character interaction was adequate. She told us that the couple seated at that table before us requested no interaction, and she wanted to make sure that we were getting the proper attention. I didn't even know that was an option. So I'd say just request no characters when you check in.

Marilyn Michetti
09-23-2008, 05:13 PM
I like watching the characters interact with kids, but would just as soon not have to do more than wave.

I will NOT, however, sacrifice 1900 Park Fair. The breakfast is just too good. Besides, my DH likes to talk to the Mad Hatter.:thumbsup:

kakn7294
09-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Besides, my DH likes to talk to the Mad Hatter.:thumbsup:Isn't he awesome? Such a great character! We had a marathon breakfast there in August (long story!) and Mad Hatter made his way to our table 3 times. We really enjoyed him!

disneylovinmom
09-24-2008, 02:45 PM
We found at LTT that since we have and older child (14) that they didn't want to spend much time at our table.

Polynesian Dweller
09-24-2008, 07:55 PM
Wow, that's not right! They should not do that. It's weird, because everytime I'm at LTT or CP, the characters will just wave or something and just walk away.

Well ,perhaps they've changed, but when the Palace changed over, it was a few years ago and that's when it happened a couple of years in row. We haven't been back in several years and perhaps Disney has started to understand that not everyone wants that level of interaction. But it was so bad that we don't want to try again until we know we can enjoy the place and its ambiance without worrying about the interaction.

Cinderelley
09-27-2008, 12:36 AM
Just let your server know when you are seated. Are you sure your DD won't be interested when she sees them though?