PDA

View Full Version : Check-out luggage question

Mendelson
09-22-2008, 12:52 PM
If I'm checking out on a particular day and plan to spend part of that day in the parks before heading back to the airport, do the resorts have a place where I can store my luggage until I get back to the hotel and then leave for the airport?

Obviously I can't take it to the parks, and if I'm using Magical Express I won't have a vehicle.

Thanks!

BriarRose
09-22-2008, 01:11 PM
The resort hotels will store your luggage until you are ready to leave the acutal Disney property. We always have them hold our luggage after checkout. Then we try to squeeze in every last minute of park time we can.

Mendelson
09-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Thanks, Rose.

Normally we have a day built in for travel, but this time we just don't, with us trying to prevent my daughter from missing as little school as possible, now that she's in 10th grade.

I assumed the hotels would hold it, precisely because they want to make it easy for you to get to the parks.

Thanks again.

CleveRocks
09-22-2008, 10:24 PM
Every halfway decent hotel in the USA will store your bags for you on check-out day after you check out. WDW resorts are no exception.

brian2000boston
09-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Make sure you note any laptops or valuables. They will lock them in a special cage to ensure they remain safe. I left to laptops with them and went out for the day, worked out great.

sdewan
09-23-2008, 11:23 AM
I always try to max out my WDW vacation and time, and therefore check my luggage with the hotel either on the first day or the last day, or both. It's always worked great.

Another great service that WDW provides is to transfer your luggage from one WDW hotel to another. On my last trip we spent the 1st two nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge, then moved to the Beach Club for the remaining 6 nights. The morning of checkout, we notified Bell Services of the need to transfer, they took our luggage from our room, and we went to Hollywood Studios for the morning. When we checked into the Beach Club around 2:00, our luggage arrived at our room minutes after we did.