PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Time

lala71474
09-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Hello All,

Thinking of going for the Christmas Season. How is the weather that time of year?

Every year we've gone around Halloween. Figured we'd try a new holiday season this year.

Thoughts???

bwk99
09-22-2008, 12:40 PM
We always go the 2nd week of December and the weather has always been great for us.. mid 70's for the high, low to mid 60's at night.. In three trips, I think we have had 1 day of rain, maybe 2..

baby minnie's mommy
09-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Great time to go! We tried an early Dec. visit last yr. for the first time and it was fun! Can't afford to go to the parks this year for Christmas, but we want to spend a day at Downtown Disney. :thumbsup:

We wore light jackets to the parks, but since the parks are warmer than you expect we had to take them off. Nighttime was cold outside, but inside the shops at DTD it was crowded and warmer, and with a cup of coffee I quickly got too hot.

So I recommend layering, that way you can remove a layer when shopping, etc. You could even wear a light jacket to the parks, then put it in a locker till it cools down again.

:sleigh:

disneymom15
09-22-2008, 12:54 PM
We've been there 5 times during X-mas, and going again this year. We've had mixed weather. A few days have been cold, but most days were nice. Last year the weather was awsome.

Strmchsr
09-22-2008, 01:58 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

Weather is extremely variable that time of year. Click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/weather/dailytemps.asp) to go to Info Central and see the exact conditions on the dates you're considering. That should be much more helpful to you as opinions can vary greatly - what's cold to one is comfortable or warm to another.

lala71474
09-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Thank you all for your helpful advice! I love this site. :joy:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-23-2008, 09:23 AM
Great time to go! We tried an early Dec. visit last yr. for the first time and it was fun! Can't afford to go to the parks this year for Christmas, but we want to spend a day at Downtown Disney. :thumbsup:

We wore light jackets to the parks, but since the parks are warmer than you expect we had to take them off. Nighttime was cold outside, but inside the shops at DTD it was crowded and warmer, and with a cup of coffee I quickly got too hot.

So I recommend layering, that way you can remove a layer when shopping, etc. You could even wear a light jacket to the parks, then put it in a locker till it cools down again.

:sleigh:

:ditto:

Marilyn Michetti
09-23-2008, 12:24 PM
We go every Dec., and it can be hot during the day, and freezing at night. We've been there in arctic gear, and we've been there in T-shirts with fans.:winter: - :sun:

alex61821
09-25-2008, 04:36 PM
then you have an excuse to buy warmer Disney clothes :thumbsup:

disneylovinmom
09-27-2008, 01:29 PM
We were there in December last year and the weather would be 85 one day and in the 50's another. You never know. Pack both types of clothing and layer and you will be fine. Most days, I could wear capris and a t-shirt during the day and jeans and a long sleeve top and sweater at night. One day was about 50 for the high and we had to wear jeans and sweatshirts. We are fron Central Indiana, so even 50 in December is pleasant for us.

P.S. It is wonderful at Disney at Christmastime. You will not be disappointed. It was the most wonderful and beautiful vacation we ever had, but I absolutely LOVE Christmas anyway.

JenniferS.
09-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Sorry to butt in on this topic, but I was wondering how the crowds are the first week in Dec? We are thinking about going Dec. 3rd for about 9 days or so. Thanks!

Soul_Power
09-29-2008, 01:49 AM
Our next trip is planned for December 2009. After looking at pictures of the parks during the holidays and reading about people going during that time, I decided that I HAVE TO go in December! :mickey:

I'm so excited! 431 days to go! Haha!