PDA

View Full Version : Last Night at PI

CAS
09-22-2008, 07:53 AM
For anyone priviledged enough to be there when it all ends I ask of you. Please bring your video camera or similar recording device and capture some of the magic before it's history forever. If you're able to do so please keep me posed!

Kunguloosh my dear wall hanging...Kunguloosh. :(

luvdiznee
09-22-2008, 08:29 AM
We leave on Wednesday :D and I'm hoping to make it. :party: I think I better at all costs. :secret: It will be sad to see it go. :thedolls:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-22-2008, 09:01 AM
A lot of us CM's will be there tonight, tomorrow, and Wednesday. Those devoted enough will pay to go this weekend.

fielin
09-22-2008, 10:32 AM
I still can't believe they are closing the whole island.

Kungaloosh, old friends. Hope the new adventures will be worth the loss.

starflyer59
09-22-2008, 11:43 AM
I am kind of glad that they are going to do something more family friendly. We don't drink and we don't party and I am a really really bad dancer and I would hate to scare everyone out of DTD. :cool:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-22-2008, 11:59 AM
I don't drink, I can't dance....and I love PI.

Also, you've probably never been to the Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse.

That is what most people are really lamenting the loss of. I know I am really sad about it. :(

DisneyWhirled
09-22-2008, 12:20 PM
That is what most people are really lamenting the loss of. I know I am really sad about it. :(

So sad to see Adventure's Club go, too! We finally had the opportunity to do PI last year for our anniversary, and that is where we spent our whole evening!

Are there ANY talks about it opening in the new design????

KUNGALOOSH!! :( :(

BigRedDad
09-22-2008, 12:23 PM
I could see WDW putting Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse in a resort somewhere, maybe Boardwalk. This would allow WDW to manage who and who cannot be there. Part of the reason PI is closing is to keep the problem locals out (not all locals, just the ones we know about but cannot be PC on saying it.) By putting them at a resort, they can "tag" it as a WDW Resort Guest attraction only. This would keep the local problems out.

SurferStitch
09-22-2008, 12:28 PM
I could see WDW putting Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse in a resort somewhere, maybe Boardwalk. This would allow WDW to manage who and who cannot be there. Part of the reason PI is closing is to keep the problem locals out (not all locals, just the ones we know about but cannot be PC on saying it.) By putting them at a resort, they can "tag" it as a WDW Resort Guest attraction only. This would keep the local problems out.

You are absolutely right! And, I would love to see the AC re-open at a resort, but it has to stay exactly as it is meant to be...an adult nightclub. I would HATE to see it watered down to be "family friendly". That would pretty much kill the feel of it.

DH and I soooooo wanted to get down there this past weekend for one last visit, but alas, we are eating up so much vacation time for our trip next month, we just couldn't do it (would need to take at least Monday and Friday off to do it).

Oh well......Kungaloosh my AC friends. You will be missed. :(

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-22-2008, 01:12 PM
The good news is that the AC and CW are both equity, so all of the performers are guaranteed other jobs.

You can spot a lot of the Adventurer's out in the "Big Blue World" on various days, or out at the "Hoop-de-Doo."

I'd suspect a lot are also going into Streetmosphere.

BelleFan2
09-22-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm heading down JUST for the final night of PI - its too sad to comprehend. I might spend all night at the Adventurer's Club since I've been hearing rumors about massive lines to get into the clubs. Will be sure to post YouTube videos, as I'm sure lots of people will...

CandleontheWater
09-22-2008, 05:37 PM
I also will be down there for the final night and I'm planning on spending most of my time in the Adventurers club as well. If it gets too crowded, so that the experience is being negatively impacted, I'll leave and go over to 8Trax or something. I really want to be a part of the final celebration, but I don't want to have a negative last experience at the AC! I was there about a month ago and it was so crowded and people were pushing and shoving to get into the library, and I am expecting it to be even worse this coming weekend!

NASCARVW
09-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Wow,
I must have been hiding under a rock...
I didn't even realize PI was closing...
What's going in it's place?
This coming weekend is the last weekend?
I'll be staying at Disney this coming weekend, while playing in a SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT at Wide World Of Sports...if this is the last weekend, I'll definately have to make it a point to go now.
Thanks for any information... :)

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-23-2008, 03:02 PM
September 27th is the last day.

In it's place will be more profitable things such as food and merchandise.

BWayGrl
09-23-2008, 04:42 PM
I so wish I could go down for the final weekend. I was just there in August though, and now I'm back in school and money is tight. August was the first time I was ever at PI, and I am really upset to see it all go. I've been dreading the month of September coming to an end.I just turned 21, and I feel like I waited so long to see it all, and now it's disappearing. Looking back, I wish we had gone to PI every single night we were there! Please, pray that they will re-open AC somewhere else. How can such a unique club go away forever?! It's a shame...my mom's birthday is tomorrow and she has never seen any of the PI clubs. I wish I could take her down for one last PI night out.

So sad...:(

Soul_Power
09-23-2008, 06:57 PM
This is still SO SO sad. We had a great time there during our first trip (can't beat drinking and dancing AND being at WDW), and we were looking forward to going in the future.. I guess not, though! *****!

joelkfla
09-23-2008, 08:19 PM
For those of you planning to attend this weekend, both the Comedy Warehouse and the Adventurers Club are opening early this Thursday thru Saturday.

The Adventurers Club opens at 6 p.m. with additional library shows.

The Comedy Warehouse opens early with an additional show at 6:55pm.

There will also be live music at the Waterfront Stage: "Hip Kitty" on Thursday and Friday, and "Frankie and the West End Boys" on Saturday. 45-minute sets will be at 7:30pm, 8:45pm, 10:00pm, and 11:15pm.

Rhetoric2000
09-24-2008, 06:28 AM

Also, you've probably never been to the Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse.

Well said Jessica.

Since the annoncement was made I've been cursing the fact that our trip is not until December. I didn't know on my last trip and only popped in very briefly (my GF was scared of getting "picked on").

Thing is I'm in complete agreement about closing/re-imagining the rest of PI. But NOT the AC and CW. The needed-refurb of the rest of the place would have undoubteldy re-boosted the attendances of the two clubs.

GoWithTheFlo
09-24-2008, 08:39 AM
It's like shutting down a park... quite a sad decision. AC will be missed.

Miladymorgane
09-24-2008, 11:49 AM
:(

That's exactly how i feel. i was very upset when they said it was closing. luckily me and my sister arrive on saturday so we just made it for the last night.

Minnie Imagineer
09-24-2008, 03:20 PM
I wish I had gotten to go at least once in my life....:(

snifflesmcg
09-25-2008, 12:57 PM
I will be there tonight! My BF and I are heading there around 6pm to say goodbye to Hathaway Brown and the rest of the cast from the Adventurer's Club. Kungaloosh!!!

BelleFan2
09-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Let us know how the crowds are - I've been hearing that the last few weeks the lines have been really long and tons of people! I even heard a rumor that for Saturday night's Adventurer's Club people are lining up the night before!

snifflesmcg
09-26-2008, 01:02 AM
Well....I just got back. It is INSANE!!! The place was packed in like sardines. People were pushing to get into the library and at some points it was an hour wait to get in. My BF saw a fight almost break out. I think I'll steer clear of going the next two days. I got my fill.

Kungaloosh and goodbye Adventurers Club

PS-I talked to a guy who knew some "Disney Magic". He works as a stage manager. He suggests writing letters to save the club. It can't hurt....

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-26-2008, 01:23 AM
I was there tonight too and I agree it was insane. Everyone was pushing. We say one show and we left before the Hoopla (the one we really wanted to see). It was also maxed occupancy.

They did open at 6pm now, plus they are doing the Halloween Special and Christmas Special. The Library is decked out for both holidays, which makes it look odd. They've removed all the tables from the Library, with just rows of chairs to fit more people.

Also, they doubled up the performers. There were two maids (one was Sugar Snap, the other was Yvette) , two butlers (Graves and the one who normally plays the new Fletcher Hodges), they brought back the original Fletcher Hodges costume (the curator). They also brought back the original Emil costume and made him Emil Sr. and the new one was Emil Jr.

There were some jokes made about the closing. "How many of you are new to the Adventurer's Club? Well you picked a great week to be here!" "Who's coming back next year?* We'll just break down the green fence and sneak in!"

*=For those who don't know, the AC/CW are to remain open for a time being due to the special private events already booked up through January (meaning not to the public - Saturday is still the last day). Some believe that at the time when they plan to reopen the rest of PI, they will also reopen the AC/CW as part of the newer design (since both allow children anyways). Also, it was noted that why would they order specific cups for those two clubs and none of the others just for a few weeks. It would be a waste of money since they would have to throw away or send the rest to Property Control. Plus the joke made didn't help because there was a delay and when it was said, a lot of us kinda just looked at each other with curious eyes. Please note this is purely speculation and has no legitimate backing other than hopeful CM talk!!!

Kisobel
09-26-2008, 03:27 AM
please, please, please be true. i'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed. i promise to be a good girl and eat my veggies every day- if they will only keep the AC open. we love it beyond words, rides, and fireworks. it was the best thing we did at disney and if they keep it closed they are idiots.

kate

sagitarius
09-26-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm going to be there tomorrow for the last public show. I even got a tattoo to commemorate it.

How incredibly sad that Disney has taken another wrong turn. The Adventurers Club will be missed!
:(