PDA

View Full Version : Need traveling advice from someone who has driven from TN/GA to All-Sports...

Sunshine1010
09-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm driving from the Nashville area down to Florida and will be staying at the All-Star Sports Resort.

I know the address to All-Star Sports is:
1701 W. Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL

I have gone to Mapquest, Yahoo Travel, AAA, AND called the resort's front desk....all for directions. Believe it or not...every single one gives me totally different ways to go.

In fact, AAA says that there is no WEST Buena Vista Drive. They state there is only an East.

Can anyone who's taken this drive give me exact directions?

I'd appreciate it.

casey@bat
09-22-2008, 12:10 PM
We are from North GA and we go down I-75 and I think I-4. We stay at Fort Wilderness so we just follow signs to MK and then we see FW signs.

I think you should just type in the Disney World address or Animal Kingdom. It's on World Dr. I think. If you can get to World Dr. and the follow signs to AK you should see signs for All Star too.

My friend had trouble finding her resort with mapquest too.

I think if you get to World Dr. and then look at the signs you will make it!

I know that's not much help! Someone else needs to chime in!

gatorfan
09-22-2008, 02:13 PM
We live in Atlanta and travel down to Disney a couple of times a year and this is the route we prefer.

Take 75 south, right before Macon take the 475 bypass, this will merge back into 75 south of the city. In Florida, just south of Ocala take the Turnpike south. Stay on the turnpike until you see 429 and take this road towards Disney. Exit from 429 on Western Way and you will be riding through the gate at Disney. Follow the signs to All Star, it will be very close to where you enter the parks.

We like this way because you get to avoid the traffic on I-4.

have a great time

Goofy4TheWorld
09-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Some additional detail re-posted from
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=137404

(Going south on 429, take...) Exit 8, follow signs for WDW via Western Way. Make a right on Buena Vista Drive and stay straight until you get to the guard shack for the All Star property. Have your photo ID ready.

SR429 is the best thing since sliced bread. Note that it will have two (I think) toll booths to pay.

PS: You will be driving through my county on your way to Chattanooga, so wave when you pass by ;)

Sunshine1010
09-22-2008, 11:54 PM
Goofy....I'm actually in Tullahoma, so I'm 'kinda' close to you already!!!!!

SAHDad
09-23-2008, 09:40 AM
I have gone to Mapquest, Yahoo Travel, AAA, AND called the resort's front desk....all for directions. Believe it or not...every single one gives me totally different ways to go.
I believe it. Last weekend, I went from Michigan down to Dayton - mapquest gave me one route for the way there, and a very different route for the way back. (Completely unnecessary, since I just reversed the directions for the return trip, rather than route towards Detroit to get to SW Michigan.)

Anyway, while others have given better directions, I would like to point out that Google maps has a street view for many of the highways in the WDW area, which may help as well.