PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Inn Sunspree?

dizfanforever
09-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Has anyone stayed here recently?
We are going to be in town for a very short visit over Martin Luther King Day after visiting relatives in Sebring, FL. We'll be staying 2 nights. We are a family of 5 and all 3 kids are now over the age of 3...so we can no longer stay in a value resort room or most moderate rooms, either.
(POR Alligator Bayou rooms are showing no availablity for the nights we will be there.)
So...I never thought I'd do this, but I'm considering staying off property instead of dishing out the big bucks to stay in a deluxe.
Holiday Sunspree looks like it would fit our needs as far as enough room. I like the idea of the kids having a separate suite area of thier own and a king bed for me and DH.
Anyone have a recent review? Is it safe? Clean?

Thanks!

PetefromRI
09-21-2008, 09:02 PM
I've never stayed there but if your staying outside,give the Marriott Grande Vista a try.You could get a 2-3 bedroom villa for the price of a moderate and the resort is beautiful.

DDuck66
09-22-2008, 03:37 PM
I have stayed offsite several times, and in fact we are scheduled for the Holiday Inn on November 28th, so I will try and post a trip report when we come back. We have also stayed at the Sheraton Safari Suites several times. The price is a little higher ($150 for a suite), but it is located right outside the entrance to DTD on Apopka Vineland.

N2DisneyWorld
09-22-2008, 10:13 PM
I know you asked about recent stays, but we stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree a few years ago and really enjoyed it. We did have the kid suite and it was really nice for the kids to have their own little "room". The bathroom was pretty big, the pool area was very nice and the food court was good.

I hope it is still as nice as it was a few years ago and I hope you have a wonderful trip. Please update us on the resort when you get back.

Have fun!!! :mickey: