PDA

View Full Version : Never Again at Sports!

Going2HeavenRU
09-21-2008, 02:29 PM
We just returned yesterday from a week at the All Star Sports resort. I had previously stayed at the Movies and Pop Century so my expectations were high. What a huge disappointment!! This is a horrible hotel!! The room was small, the shower was noisy and the decorations were poor. We had originally been set for Pop Century but we had to change to Sports to get the "free" dining. I don't care if we do miss out on a special offer, we are never staying there again.

FUN
09-21-2008, 02:32 PM
sorry you had a bad exp.

teambricker04
09-21-2008, 02:57 PM
Personally, if all that was bad was the decor, you are lucky! Did you try the food court... what a bunch of grumps working there!!!

We had a terrible experience there back in May. Luckily for us we had added on one day and couldn't get a room at BC so we only had one night as Sports. We got in at about 9pm to ME and we weren't to the hotel until after 11 (not the hotels fault, just how the system is, I guess). Our kids were being SOOOOO good for being up that late (only 3 and 10mo at the time). We got checked in only to get to our room and found that the lock was faulty and we couldn't get in. We were at the back of the hotel so my DH called the front desk instead of going up. They said some one would come back to fix it. They never did. Several calls later, we got a new room only after going back up. They didn't want to help and had to efficent way of handling a situation after 10pm. Blah.

Normally we don't mind the AS hotels, but our last few experiences have left a bad tast in our mouth.

gerald72
09-21-2008, 03:03 PM
We just returned yesterday from a week at the All Star Sports resort. I had previously stayed at the Movies and Pop Century so my expectations were high. What a huge disappointment!! This is a horrible hotel!! The room was small, the shower was noisy and the decorations were poor. We had originally been set for Pop Century but we had to change to Sports to get the "free" dining. I don't care if we do miss out on a special offer, we are never staying there again.

Aren't the rooms the same size at all the All-Stars?

Strmchsr
09-21-2008, 03:40 PM
I thought all value rooms were the same size as well. Yeah, they're small, but it's a value resort.

Sorry you had a bad experience. We've stayed at AS Sports twice and had good experiences both times except for the lack of enforcement on the smoking rule. Maybe your next experience will be better.

kakn7294
09-21-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm sorry you had a bad stay! We've stayed at Sports twice and Music once. We love Sports - mostly just because of the theming. I hope your next trip is much more to your liking!

Sunshine1010
09-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Hhhmmmm....going there in a few weeks for the first time. This has me nervous....

Trev&Ev Mom
09-21-2008, 05:16 PM
We've stayed at Sports four times in the past three years. Never a problem. We're booked there for January, 2009 and I can't wait!!!

teachvicts
09-21-2008, 05:46 PM
We stayed at the sports years back and loved it!! Food court was great then. Rooms are small but all we do is sleep and shower - no hanging out in room at all. Hope you have better luck next time!!:mickey:

DDuck66
09-22-2008, 03:42 PM
We stayed there once...and I have to say it was the first and last time. It is the only resort that did not give us the "Disney Magic Feeling". The CM's were all busy and could not be bothered and it was all around a bad feeling. Hope our stay at the Pops in Oct continues to be a good choice.

doodleboy
09-22-2008, 03:50 PM
We have stayed there before, and did not especially care for it. We were there one January for four days and did not plan on spending anytime at resort. Just sleeping and showering. I think it is perfect for that type of stay, but really no reason to hang around the grounds.

LauraleeH
09-22-2008, 04:24 PM
I've been to all of the Value resorts, and while POP is the best out of all of them, I didn't care for any of them.
Tried to stay the night at Port Orleans but it was so dirty and I didn't care for the atmosphere, so I moved up to a Deluxe resort.
Yes, my Wilderness Lodge has spoiled me...:cloud9:

GrmGrninGost
09-22-2008, 06:11 PM
We've tried all of the All-Stars and found them to be nice. The rooms are the same size at all of them. As far as ASSp, being a sports fan, I found the decor to be great! We have stayed there twice and had no problem with the food court or any of their services. I guess to each his (or her) own! :mickey:

divinedi
09-22-2008, 08:05 PM
That's really unfortunate, we've been to ASSports more times than I can remember, and always go back there, and have never had a 'bad' experience! I stayed at Pop one night, was supposed to stay there for the entire trip (but moved over to ASSports!), but I didn't like Pop at all, very busy, food court is too small for the amount of people that are housed there, buses were few and far between, and I've never had that problem at ASSports. Was everyone chipper and cheery, no, but that happened wherever we went, although the majority of the CM's everywhere are terrific.

Perhaps it's all a matter of timing, expectations and attitude. If I'm at Disney, I just know I'm going to have a good time!!

ojeilatan
09-22-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm sorry to hear that! Friends of ours have stayed there, and had no problems. It's unfortunate that with a place as big as WDW, sometimes employees fall short of the mark, and the hotel doesn't live up to what you thought.

I hope your next experience more than makes up for it! So far, we have been lucky hotel wise.

ToraTory
09-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. We've stayed at sports several times and we actually prefer it to movies or music. But, we've also stayed at all the moderates and most of the deluxe resorts and sometimes we have had a not so magical experience there too. Sometimes bad things happen, even at WDW and sometimes even cast members can have a bad day. I wouldn't let it ruin any future trips to a value resort. Hopefully your unfortunate incident was a one time thing.

Hull-onian
09-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Hhhmmmm....going there in a few weeks for the first time. This has me nervous....

We have stayed at All Star Sports a couple of times. We were in Surfs Up on the backside of the pool. At night, we never heard any noise from all the kids that were there. Our rooms were very clean. We were near the pool, laundry, food court and buses. Food Court was good. If the buses were crowded, we took a taxi right outside of the lobby which was not too expensive. They have a very nice gift shop and concierge is very helpful. If you fax the room assigner four days before your trip, you can request Surfs Up and it will be better for you. Have great time, we did.:thumbsup:

Strmchsr
09-25-2008, 08:57 PM
If you fax the room assigner four days before your trip, you can request Surfs Up and it will be better for you. Have great time, we did.:thumbsup:

2 Quick thinks:

1.) Faxing in room requests really doesn't work anymore. Too many to keep track of. If you want to make a request just put it on your reservation.

2.) I'm fairly certain all of Surf's Up is preferred meaning you would have to pay more to get that. Maybe certain buildings aren't, but I think they all are.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
09-26-2008, 08:11 AM
That is surprising. We have stayed there twice and enjoyed each stay.

Personally we knew going there that it was a value resort but even so we were very pleased with the room size, the accomodations, the pool, the food court and transporation.

Just one's opinion.

big blue and hairy
09-26-2008, 08:50 AM
I thought all value rooms were the same size as well. Yeah, they're small, but it's a value resort.
.They are all the same size. The fact that they didn't like the resort might have made them seem smaller.

:sulley:

vicster
09-26-2008, 09:14 AM
Tried to stay the night at Port Orleans but it was so dirty and I didn't care for the atmosphere, so I moved up to a Deluxe resort.
Yes, my Wilderness Lodge has spoiled me...:cloud9:

I guess I'm spoiled by WL also. We just tried POFQ for the first time - after two days my husband said next year we're back at WL. I kind of liked POFQ due to the fact that it's a smaller resort. Last year we tried CBR and that's just too large - seemed like we were a mile from the food court.