PDA

View Full Version : Fun things to do Not in the parks

luvDaMouse
09-21-2008, 11:29 AM
My husband and I will be going in early spring in 2009 and staying in SSR. First, is it a good time to go? late March? early April? I don't want to be down there during the spring break times.. Second, we were there in May 08 and Sept 08 and my husband does not want to go to the parks everyday.:sad: What kind of non-park things do you suggest? We may play golf one day,:golf: maybe a spa day one day? Any suggestions would be welcome! Also, we may rent a car so we could drive to some places too.
Thanks!! :rocks:

TinkerbellT421
09-21-2008, 11:35 AM
I would suggest doing Cirque Soleil show in DTD. If money is no object I would definitely do that. I love Cirque shows. We saw a miny one here in our town...and cant wait to someday be able to do that. This year the budget right now doesnt apply for that one. BUT I hear nothing but awesome things about the cirque shows. Very fun and entertaining and just amazing. I would definitely opt for that. :D

ElenitaB
09-21-2008, 12:15 PM
If you want to stay on property, I'd suggest mini-golf and resort hopping! Just visiting the different resorts is a nice break from the theme parks themselves. Examples:

Have you ever had a beignet and have no plans of visiting New Orleans soon? If not, you owe yourself a favor, so go by POFQ to try some.
Spend an evening on the Boardwalk, enjoying the entertainment
Rent one of the water vehicles at SSR and tool around DTD and up the waterways to POFQ/POR and OKW
And yes... SPA time!

Not all the fun at WDW is found on the rides. :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-21-2008, 12:41 PM
You can go to the campfire at the FW.

You can stroll the Boardwalk and visit Jellyrolls.

Visit Beaches and Cream.

Play mini-golf at Winter-Summerland.

Visit resorts and see what each of them has to offer.

There are tons of options.

Disneyfun
09-21-2008, 01:37 PM
If you're going to rent a car, you might want to go visit Blue Springs Park (about an hour drive or so if I remember correctly). During the cooler months, you can see manatee there in the spring. There is an area that you can swim in the spring. Sometimes the manatee will actually come up to you, although the rangers don't want you to interact with them.

faline
09-21-2008, 04:22 PM
The whole time frame from Presidents' Day week through Easter is part of the busy spring break season. To avoid that, I'd suggest going in late April or early May.

You could go to Downtown Disney for the day; rent bicycles at Fort Wilderness and tour the campground; rent a float boat and take a leisurely cruise; play mini-golf; enjoy the pool at your resort; head to a water park; or tour the various resorts.

mouseketeer mom
09-21-2008, 06:08 PM
How about a tour? My family loves the Aqua Seas Tour at Epcot.
Water Mice and Pontoon Boat rentals! Our favorite non park activity!
How 'bout renting a car and checking out Celebration?
Cirque for sure.
If there are any "parties" in the parks during your time, like the Pirate and Princess party, I would recommend it.
How about the WL tour?
Parasailing from the Contemporary?
Tour the resorts by having Apps and Drinks at one, then dinner at another, then dessert at another!
Have fun!

Faver
09-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Definitely go to the different resorts!!! I'd say Wilderness Lodge, The Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge.... I could go on, but I think you get the point:blush:

The resorts with their special qualities are all so unique, it's really a must do :mickey:

Enjoy:cloud9: