PDA

View Full Version : How much to budget?

OregonPachey
09-21-2008, 01:16 AM
First time poster, so be kind!

The husband and I will be spending a week at WDW, with five days in the actual parks. We haven't opted for the dining plan.

I figure we should budget $125 per day for food. We don't have reservations for many places (O'hana and Biergarten are our only two). Is this too low a number? Just right?

TIA!

LuvsTigger80
09-21-2008, 01:26 AM
I think you might just right or a little over. When we went in April (me,dh,and ds2), I figured 100 for days without ADR's(we only had 3 and we don't drink alcohol) and 125 for days with. I think we were actually under budget. :) Which made me happy.:mickey::mickey:

henry.james.s
09-21-2008, 08:36 AM
I'd allow an average counter service B'Fast or lunch a average $10/12 per person. A average table sevice lunch or dinner allow $35 ea & Signature Dining allow a minimum $60 ea.

BigRedDad
09-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Table Service restaurants are where the biggest costs are for meals. If you are only eating at two table service restaurants, you are probably very high on the budget, unless you drink alcohol. You could literally get one counter service meal and share it. The portions are quite large. You could also get kids' meals at the counter service. Those are big enough for an adult.

Strmchsr
09-21-2008, 09:09 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!!

I agree with the others that for 2 of you you're probably a little over. However, check the menus in Info Central under the dining section. You can get a general idea from there of what to expect price-wise.