PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dollars

pidge9101
09-20-2008, 10:43 PM
I was just at the Disney Store hoping to purchase Disney Dollars for my upcoming trip. They told me that they are no longer carrying Disney Dollars because Disney is going "green". Has anyone heard of this and do you know if they are still available for purchase in WDW?? This was upsetting to me because using Disney Dollars has become part of our tradition.

LilBugsMa
09-21-2008, 10:17 AM
What will the toothfairy bring!!!

I'll see if I can purchase some today.

Simba's Mom
09-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Although I don't remember where I heard it, I thought that the Disney gift cards were a replacement for the DIsney Dollars and I too thought that Disney Dollars were no longer available. Anyone bought any recently?

BigRedDad
09-21-2008, 07:24 PM
I heard they were getting rid of the Disney Dollars also. They have the gift cards now that can be reloaded.

Raye3201
09-21-2008, 11:31 PM
I bought Disney Dollars at Guest Services at Epcot 2 weeks ago - it's become a tradition for us and we love giving them out as souveniers to friends and family.
I hope they don't discontinue them...but as of two weeks ago they were selling them!:mickey:

faberj
09-22-2008, 01:02 PM
I just got a whole bunch of them as birthday presents yesterday. I hope I can still use them on my upcoming trip.

BriarRose
09-22-2008, 01:08 PM
I just purchased some last week at a local Disney Store. I was never told they were being discontinued.

KylesMom
09-22-2008, 01:17 PM
See this thread discussing the same subject recently:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=135889&highlight=Disney+Dollars+Discontinued

Although our Disney Store runs out of them occasionally, I've never been told they are contemplating discontinuation of them.

Soul_Power
09-22-2008, 03:54 PM
I bought some at my local Disney store last week or so. They didn't mention anything about it. I hope it isn't true, though, because Disney Dollars are a great way for us to "save money" before our trip!

r4kids
09-30-2008, 01:51 PM
You need to call Disney Merchandising(spell) and get the info to send a check to Disney and they will mail you some. This is what we are doing. :)

hardingella
09-30-2008, 02:05 PM
"Disney going green?".

Have you seen the stuff that comes out of the back of the busses?:confused:

mickey&missy
09-30-2008, 02:17 PM
"Disney going green?".

Have you seen the stuff that comes out of the back of the busses?:confused:

:sick::thumbsup: I have to agree on that point!

I bought some not long ago without trouble. I gice my kids Disney Dollars as allowance. That way they save them for our trips without saying "but mommy I really want to buy..."

My sister had a problem with her store running out but she just called occasionally until they got them in and she went and bought them.

Good luck!

Mad About Mickey
09-30-2008, 07:07 PM
We just purchased Disney Dollars three weeks ago at our local Disney Store and the CM didn't mention anything about them being discontinued. Our local store was out of them for a few months after Disney bought back the stores.

pidge9101
10-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Okay. just returned from my trip at WDW and they did confirm for us that the Disney Stores will NO longer be carrying the disney dollars. Although, they WILL still be selling them in WDW. We purchased some at our resort check-in counter and also purchased some at the World of Disney Store in DTD.

mdhiggin
10-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Bought some last week at City Hall at MK.