PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Internet at WDW Resorts??

jaredkari
09-20-2008, 10:10 PM
Just wondering...are there any WDW resorts which offer wireless high speed internet?? And if so is it free or is there a charge.

Anymore my wife and I always look for hotels that offer this and was wondering if WDW has any plans of adding wireless to their resorts??

Polynesian Dweller
09-20-2008, 11:42 PM
Not in the rooms. There its wire only and is $9.95 pre 24 hours. They do provide a cable to use while you are there though you are expected to leave it when you check out. There is some limited wireless in convention/business areas of some hotels but it also costs the same per 24 hour period.
Probably they'll go wireless at some point but haven't heard anything like that yet.

That's for Disney owned hotels, I think the Swan and Dolphin (Starwood hotels) may have it in the rooms and perhaps someone who has stayed there can confirm that. Starwood usually charges about the same $9.95 per 24 hour period.

Soul_Power
09-21-2008, 04:45 AM
Disney needs to step it up! Sometimes I see cheap motels along the freeway that have free wireless!

It doesn't affect me too much either way, though, because I have way too much at WDW to even think about being on the internet, but I know free wireless would be helpful for a lot of other people!

TammiMcMan
09-21-2008, 08:46 AM
More info regarding high speed internet and wifi at WDW, http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/computing/howtoconnect.asp .

The CR has computers in the room, which still remain free to use and internet is included at the Swan/Dolphin. I'd be curious if Disney does add wifi at some point. They may start with the resorts that are "convention" specific or classify some rooms as business and include the service exclusively to those rooms. I imagine that Disney doesn't want their guests spending time in their room and that's why it can only be found in public areas right now. They want you out and about, spending your time and money in the parks or doing other recreational activities. While not having it available may affect some peoples choice to stay on site, based on the sell out numbers that we're seeing lately, I don't think it's having much effect on their bookings.

You can always look into bringing your own internet with you. I know that I have ATT Wireless and they now provide that service and plans now.

TheRustyScupper
09-21-2008, 01:31 PM
1) Besides CR rooms, there is no free internet at WDW. *
2) The convention hotels have WiFi in public areas.
3) The best thing to do is bring a mobile router.
4) Then you can use your laptop anywhere in the hotel.

* DVC members staying on points at DVC's have free internet in their room.