PDA

View Full Version : Our Trip - DAY 5 (Sept 3rd)

Pop Centurion
09-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Our slow day previously allowed us to wake at 8:00am with ease. Did the usual morning routine and headed for the bus to AK for our 10:15 ressie for Donald's Safari Breakfast. Another hot day!!!!
Bus line was pretty long as many were also headed to BB. After a longer than expected wait our bus arrived and we were on our way. Checked in for breakfast 5 mins before our ressie time and found out they were running behind and were just starting to seat 10:00 ressies. Turns out they were running later than said because we weren't called for almost 30 mins. But in the mean time we got to watch the full show of the Tam Tams. My girlfriend hid so she wasn't chosen to go out there and dance. I would have loved to get that on video ;)
Finally the buzzer went off and it was time to eat. They served a juice I believe was called Jamba Juice which was awesome!!! Also good was the veggie frittata but the rest was your normal breakfast foods. They had great breads one which I especially loved was a pineapple bread. When I went back up to get some Waffles which I skipped the first time I noticed the pods were being emptied and replaced with the lunch items :(
I didn't want to take anything since we were there for breakfast and wasn't sure if it was allowed. So I just settled for more bread which was still there and some fruit cobbler which I'm sure was part of the lunch items but decided to have some anyway. If we eat there again I'll know better than to book breakfast that late.
After breakfast we hit the character spots while our food digested then it was on to some rides. Man it was hot!!! My girlfriends ankles began to swell again so our rest became frequent. I wanted to do KRR but she was afraid her shirt would be ruined because she had her hair dyed just before the trip and the color was still coming out in the shower. All the lines throughout the park were pretty short but slightly longer from what I remember last Sept.
After watching MJJP we had dinner at FTBBQ, did Dinosaur one last time and headed back to Pop.
After a brief rest we went to PI for what turned out to be our last night. If I had known I would've brought my camera for some farewell pictures. So after a couple drinks and visit to the AC and CW we headed for the bus which was all the way down past La Nuba since the normal PI bus stop was being refurbed.
As we got to the bus stop we noticed 2 security officers talking to two young girls who were slumped over and extremely drunk (ahhhh youth :D ) The one girl had a bloody knee from falling and had gotten sick from too much drinking. The officer asked if they wanted him to call a cab but they insisted on taking the bus back to Pop. He asked what room they were in so he could call the resort to check up on them when they returned but she gave an odd room number that we knew didn't exist. When the bus arrived the officer asked him to make sure they were returned safely. I felt bad because I know that feeling of drinking way too much. They sat right next to us and I was scared the one girl was going to vomit on me :blush: We asked if they were okay and she said she'll live while the other just groaned. Once back they stumbled off the bus and headed the opposite direction of us. I told my girlfriend that we should really make sure they get to their room but was afraid that it may be a little creepy for two strangers to ask them if they wanted us to walk them back. Don't know what ever became of the call that security guard made to the resort but they were obviously left to get to their room on their own. I just felt real guilty for not offering to help them back. Hope everything turned out okay for them.

Lizzie
09-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the report.

tinkerbell04
09-21-2008, 09:07 AM
Thanks for sharing your day with us!

pdrlkr
09-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

pink
09-21-2008, 01:53 PM
That was nice of you to consider watching out for those girls. It sounds like you had a fun day. :mickey:

faline
09-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Sorry your girlfriend's ankles asre still bothering her! It's nice of you to worry about the young women on the bus!

ChipnDaleGal
09-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Kind of a strange ending to a nice day. At least those two girls were together. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

Mackflava99
09-23-2008, 05:03 PM
funny about the drunks---i guess we all know the feeling
Nice report- thanks for sharing