PDA

View Full Version : Imagination Movers

baby minnie's mommy
09-20-2008, 08:47 PM
For those of you who watch Playhouse Disney, have you been watching the new Imagination Movers show? We love it! They play their music, are funny to watch, and it's great for helping kids learn problem solving.

DD (3) didn't want to watch it at first - she said it was for "bigger kids." I encouraged her to try it anyway, just to see if she liked it. It was just on a few minutes and she was already hooked! Now she has to watch every new episode. :)

I've really enjoyed their music in between other shows, so now I'm glad they have their own half-hour episodes. :thumbsup:

Madame Leona
09-20-2008, 09:48 PM
We love that show as well. DS (2.5) has me tivo the episodes he likes for later. (He's a little bossy.) The music is good and I like the problem solving aspect of it. It's a very creative show.

3AMommy
09-20-2008, 09:56 PM
My 5 year old loves it too...even my one year old daughter loves to "dance" whenever the music comes on.

I enjoy the fact that the music is "mommy-friendly" too!!

3AMommy:D

harlowandthemermaid
09-20-2008, 10:31 PM
My daughter hasn't taken to it, but she's only one. She's all about Mickey and Pooh and she liked PBS stuff like Clifford and Super Why. She'll probably grow into it....by then they will probably be replaced by something else.

TexasPrincessAurora
09-20-2008, 10:35 PM
DS 4 1/2 LOVES the Movers! He has decided he wants to have a IM b'day party! I love their music and so far the show has been really good, educational and entertaining.

tinkerbell04
09-21-2008, 04:27 PM
We like them as well. We were lucky enough to see them live at a Playhouse Disney concert in Hollywood Studios several summers ago. That is when we started looking on the television for them!

scoot241
09-22-2008, 02:42 PM
My 3 year old really likes the show. I think it's pretty good too, plus they're from New Orleans which gives them an extra :thumbsup:.

swampfox28
01-02-2009, 12:57 AM
We LOVE these guys - and they are truly terrific people!

They've played at Festival International in Lafayette LA a few times and put on SUCH an energetic show. Last time we saw them it was so hot I almost had to leave (my little one was red in the face even in the shade!)

Luckily we stuck it out and not only did they give a rockin' performance, but they took a very short break and then signed autographs for all the kids.

They are SO nice - not full of themselves - and very sincerly interested in encouraging kids to think, solve problems, learn, eat healthy, and have fun!!

I wish them ALL the luck in the world! And for anyone who HASN'T checked out their show - PLEASE do! My 4 year old LOVES it, my 11 year old likes it (to an extent - but is "too cool" to be as enthaustic as he used to be), and my DH and I actually listen to their CD's - and ENJOY them! (I even run in the park with one of their songs on my iPod list of favorite workout songs!!)

-Sarah :number1:

Jenemmy
01-02-2009, 08:36 AM
My DD 3 loves the movers and Nina! Funny part is, my 12 year old DS will watch with her. I can tell he secretly likes it --- but, he will say "Oh, I suppose you just HAVE to watch your stupid Imagination Movers show" when she hasn't said a word about it, then he will put on an episode we recorded -- LOL

Ian
01-02-2009, 05:53 PM
My son loves "Movers", as he calls them. Actually, DD6 likes them too, but she's a little more reserved about it.

DW and I like them, a lot. They're very entertaining. This is one of the better new PD shows, IMO.

I don't know why, but something about Knit-Knots just cracks me up ... "Oh, that's very boring!" :laughing:

Jenemmy
01-02-2009, 07:33 PM
My son loves "Movers", as he calls them. Actually, DD6 likes them too, but she's a little more reserved about it.

DW and I like them, a lot. They're very entertaining. This is one of the better new PD shows, IMO.

I don't know why, but something about Knit-Knots just cracks me up ... "Oh, that's very boring!" :laughing:

LOL -- not to mention his pet, Rocky :thumbsup:

Ian
01-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Not to mention his pet, Rocky :thumbsup::rotfl:

TexasPrincessAurora
01-05-2009, 11:50 PM
We are so excited they are coming to DFW in March to do a concert! Can't wait!

I'm so glad their show has taken off...it's really a great show we can watch together and enjoy together.

DisneyTiff
01-17-2009, 10:18 PM
My brownie (girl scout) troop loves this show. They were fortunate enough to meet the actress that plays Nina the neighbor. She was in our town holiday parade (her husband is from the area).

The girls all got autographed pictures from her. They were all very excited.

swampfox28
01-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Nina totally rocks! My daughter **LOVES** her! Congrats on the cool pics! If she's HALF as nice as she seems to be, she must have been darling!

-Sarah

magicofdisney
01-23-2009, 08:42 PM
My 3yo has me set him up with Playhouse Disney online and he plays their music over and over and over and over... I even find myself jumping up to...

Jump up
Get down
Stand up
Turn around, turn around, turn around, turn around

:)