PDA

View Full Version : Central FL Wineries?

DreamFinder2
09-20-2008, 04:56 PM
DW and I are looking to branch out next time we visit WDW and thought a visit to some not-too-far-away vineyards/wineries might be fun.

Any ideas?

Looking at a map, I see one in Clermont and another west of there nearer the coast. Anyone every been to either winery? Are there others within driving distance of Orlando that might be worth visiting?

Thanks for any help!

Ed
09-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Lakeridge is the winery in Clermont, and it's my #1 destination for decent wine at a reasonable price. Right now, I've got about 18 bottles of their Southern White, Southern Red, Blanc Du Bois, and Sunblush in the rack. Lakeridge is an easy drive from WDW - 192 west to 27, then 27 north to the winery.

For a nice wintertime treat, try their Southern Red and the Mulling Spices that they sell there. Bottle of wine, a little water, some brown sugar and the bag of spices heated slowly (in a crock pot is ideal) and ENJOY!

:wine:

Piglet822
09-20-2008, 11:58 PM
Ed, I think there's a quicker way to get there ;)

I suggest taking the 429 North to the Turnpike North then exiting at 285. Make a left on Highway 27 and go south for about 3 miles, the winery will be on your right hand side. I personally try to avoid 27 between 50 and 192 because it's just become so congested. Coming from WDW I think this would be the way to go.

MNNHFLTX
09-23-2008, 09:23 AM
I suggest taking the 429 North to the Turnpike North then exiting at 285. Make a left on Highway 27 and go south for about 3 miles, the winery will be on your right hand side. I personally try to avoid 27 between 50 and 192 because it's just become so congested. Coming from WDW I think this would be the way to go.That's the way we would go too. As Jeanne said, the traffic on 27 is so congested in places.

We haven't been there in quite a few years, but I do remember Lakeridge as having a decent selection of wine. And it's very well-run too. :)