PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass (...port)

I take the Ferry
09-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Woohoo!

I just got my passport in the mail!!

I applied for it on Thursday... 8 days ago! So fast! And I didn't pay for the fast processing.

Just that much closer to our next cruise...

So remember, you MUST have a passport to get on the boat. And apparently, the passport processors are twiddling their thumbs, waiting for something to do. So if you've been procrastinating, now seems like a great time to go get your passport!!!

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!

TammiMcMan
09-21-2008, 09:05 AM
So remember, you MUST have a passport to get on the boat.While I agree, it's still best to have a passport, per the most recent update, it will not be a requirement until June, 2009. Any US citizens cruising before then will still be fine with a drivers license and notarized birth certificate.

From the US Governments passport site:

LAND AND SEA TRAVEL
The following summarizes information available on the Department of Homeland Security’s website.

CURRENTLY:
U.S. citizens need to present either (a) a passport, passport card (scheduled to be in full production beginning in July 2008), or WHTI-compliant document; or (b) a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license, along with proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate.
LATER:
On June 1, 2009, the U.S. government will implement the full requirements of the land and sea phase of WHTI. The proposed rules require most U.S. citizens entering the United States at sea or land ports of entry to have a passport, passport card, or WHTI-compliant document.

I take the Ferry
09-21-2008, 09:53 PM
...per the most recent update, it will not be a requirement until June, 2009. Any US citizens cruising before then will still be fine with a drivers license and notarized birth certificate. Wow, they must have delayed the deadline... again. I guess I haven't checked on that in a while.

Funny, our 5/09 cruise will be our second cruise that we were told we had to have a passport, then found out otherwise. The first was in 9/07.

Well, I'm glad I have the passport, just in case they ever decide that it will actually be required!

Sorry for the mis-info!

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!