PDA

View Full Version : Nine Dragons??

ToraTory
09-19-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm looking for someplace different to try. Tell me about Nine Dragons. How was the food, the atmostphere, is it cool?

thanks -- tory

pixie897
09-19-2008, 04:14 PM
Sorry to let ya know, but Nine Dragons is no longer....It actually closed right now for a complete remodel....Disney is calling for a November 27th reopen ...They are supposedly putting in a see-through kitchen where guests can interact with the Chefs.....They are also saying there will be a new, updated menu.....Hopefully it will be pretty good!! :eat:

dlpmikki
09-29-2008, 09:35 AM
It's re-opened early. Menu looks interesting but not as big a change as expected. No sign of an open kitchen which would have been fun. I quite liked the old place but it looks like they have kept the good bits and got rid of the more dated stuff. Worth a try.

SurferStitch
09-29-2008, 12:55 PM
We've always loved Nine Dragons, and are looking forward to the new menu. One thing that was a favorite of mine on the lunch menu is now gone (Szechuan Shrimp over noodles), so that's a bummer, but I'll just have to try something new!

Looking forward to going back!

Crow
09-29-2008, 02:17 PM
just read a review of the reopened place. wish it would have been opened a few wks ago for my trip.
Go for it!

miprender
09-29-2008, 04:36 PM
I am probably the only one who did NOT like it there when we ate in 2006. The food to me was what I can microwave at home from BJs. I had the General's Chicken so nothing out of the ordinary but the Chinese food I get at home was much better.

Maybe I hit it on an off day, but I wont be back. But I would try it since everyone's taste is different.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-29-2008, 08:12 PM
My husband and I will try it next year.:thumbsup:

Next trip: 11/24 /08 thru 12/5/08 at the POP

threeh
10-01-2008, 12:18 PM
We tried it in Feb and loved it. I don't know how the menu/ food has changed since the rehab, but we're going our first night in our Jan trip. I recently moved to a more rural area of PA and there is very little chinese food here, so I'm looking forward to some good food!!:mickey:

Happy planning

bmj721
10-01-2008, 03:37 PM
We have eaten there many times and have enjoyed the food there. Yes, I agree the food is similar to Chinese elsewhere, but so is other food at Disney simliar to food outside of Disney. However, I have also read the new reviews, have seen photos, and am looking forward to our Dec ADR there this year. I have to admit I love Chinese food!
:thumbsup: