View Full Version : Official Ryder Cup Thread

henry.james.s
09-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Who ya got!! :golf:

US up 3 to 1 after morning matches!! :cheer:

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

Advnt05
09-19-2008, 01:43 PM
I hope the US can pull it off but we've gotten our hiney's kicked for the past 10 years on this one. Maybe without TIger, they'll play looser.

Scar
09-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Since you have the poll open until Tuesday, I think I'll wait till Sunday Night to vote. ;)

henry.james.s
09-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Since you have the poll open until Tuesday, I think I'll wait till Sunday Night to vote. ;)

No cherry pickin' ;)

dlpmikki
09-20-2008, 07:18 AM
I think the US has the upper hand but I would like Europe to win (well, I am from there! :secret:)

GrmGrninGost
09-20-2008, 08:14 AM
Go U.S.A.!!!!!

henry.james.s
09-21-2008, 05:30 PM
That's it!! What a great team!!:joy:

:golf::flag::golf::flag::golf:

Rhetoric2000
09-22-2008, 05:13 AM
Probably the best Ryder cup I've watched, despite my team losing. Thought it was magnificent and shows how brilliant matchplay golf is.

For me '99, '02 and '04 were all blighted by horrendous captaincy decisions and '06 was too one-sided to be a great contest - but this was tremendous with all the players coming to the party.

In the end the decisive issues were the relatively poor performance of the European big guns (Harrington truly is woeful at matchplay), and Azinger's excellent horses-for-courses policy of stacking his wildcard picks with big hitters on what is an essentially target golf course with wide fairways. They still had to rise to the occasion though, and did so brilliantly.

Special props to the Casey-Mahan match, which was one of the most exciting games I've ever seen; and Poulter who came in controversially and was statistically the best player on both sides.

RAIDER
09-22-2008, 07:14 AM
I agree with Rhetoric2000
I dont normally care for watching golf much but i found myself watching the whole of the 3 days .A very good competition :thumbsup:

Advnt05
09-22-2008, 07:18 AM
Very exciting. For all of Harrington's bad play, I wouldn't say that Mickelson stepped of either. Maybe in the future, the younger guys will be featured more than the big guns.

indytraveler
09-22-2008, 04:14 PM
having heard the news that Tiger was texting Azinger on Sunday. What he couldn't stay out of the limelight when he thought that the US would finally win. Is it a coincidence that the US performed best without the #1 player in the game? Now if only we could keep the #1 rated lefthander off the team...
The biggest difference in match play golf? Putting. Whoever makes more putts will win. These guys have a chance to make birdie on every hole? Yikes. Great golf all weekend.
The best part??? Watching AK throw birdie after birdie on Sergio and watch Sergio act his age (6) during the process.