PDA

View Full Version : When do they put up Christmas decorations?

newcarsmell
09-19-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm going down on Oct 30 for four days and was wondering if they install the Christmas decorations the day after Halloween? I was at DL at this time several years ago and seem to remember the transition on Nov 1 was quite amazing. Anyone know? It would be great to enjoy both Halloween and Christmas decorations on the same short trip!

faline
09-19-2008, 12:29 PM
Some Christmas preparations are already happening but I don't remember seeing holiday decorations up that early. They do seem to have that up earlier every year though!

Beast_fanatic
09-19-2008, 12:41 PM
I recall seeing a few decorations up on November 1st when we were there a couple of years ago. The one thing that made the biggest impression on me though was that they were playing Christmas music outside of Animal Kingdom beginning the morning of November 1st.

Momof2boys
09-19-2008, 02:09 PM
I remember the same thing as Rhonda. It was November 1st and we were at Camp Mickey Minnie at AK and they had Christmas trees up by the character paths. I was humming a song and realized it was Winter Wonderland. The next day we were at MK and they had some trees up as well. And parts of the Osbourne lights were already up. We'll be there again this year 10/24 - 11/3 and hope to get a picture for our holiday card with some of the Christmas decorations.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
09-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Same with us. We were there one year the first weekend of November and they wreaths, trees and other Christmas decorations were already up.

Jasper
09-19-2008, 02:45 PM
While it is true that they do have some things up by November one and are constantly putting up more they really don't hit their stride until the week of Thanksgiving and even then it is the Friday after Thanksgiving before things are fully up and lit completely. One of the only things that is truly complete and lit before that is the Osbourne Lights.

Polynesian Dweller
09-19-2008, 03:43 PM
The first MVMCP is scheduled for Nov 10 so there may be a bit more preparation at MK to be ready for that date. Keep those fingers crossed.

Strmchsr
09-19-2008, 04:33 PM
One of the only things that is truly complete and lit before that is the Osbourne Lights.

Except this year the Osborne Lights don't start until Nov 28.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-19-2008, 07:40 PM
The Castle lights are already almost done.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
09-20-2008, 01:46 PM
The Castle lights are already almost done.

so they are doin the castle lights again??? (my pass expired...I've been out of touch on everything Disney it feels like...lol)

faline
09-20-2008, 03:08 PM
It certainly appears they are. They were putting them up when we were there a couple of weeks ago.