PDA

View Full Version : Help! Too many ADRs! What should I cancel?

FaithTrustPixieDust
09-19-2008, 11:19 AM
I got a little carried away and booked more ADRs than we have credits for on the dining plan. I'm trying to decide what to cancel and what to keep and perhaps pay out of pocket for. . . . Background: Kids are 5 and 7. DD7 is just about over the princess thing. We did princess meals when she was 5 and 6. I've got a Princess breakfast in Norway (which I snagged in APRIL!!), but now it does not seem to be very important to her.

Here are our ADRs:
1900 Park fare- DD7 wants to meet the Stepsisters.
San Angel Inn- we've never eaten there
Kona breakfast- dying to try the Tonga Toast
Whispering Canyon- dying to explore Wilderness Lodge- this restaurant sounds like so much fun
Akershus princess breakfast- Hate to let go of this, but if it's not imp to DD7, then why keep it?
LeCellier- Been trying for last 3 trips to get in this place!!
Libery Tree Tavern- this will be our first and last chance to do the character meal here!
Cape May breakfast- this is our check out day. we always do a farewell breakfast. have been here before, but we do love it!

So we have 5 TS credits and 8 TS meals planned. What should I cancel and/or which ones would be best paid out of pocket?

LoriSan
09-19-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm probably wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that the characters are no longer at the LTT

TinkerbellT421
09-19-2008, 11:41 AM
I havent tried the others...(Cape May I had dinner not breakfast) but I can say whatever you decide to cancel DO NOT cancel LeCellier! :cloud9: That one I can say is a HAVE TO DO! :mickey:
Good luck. IMHO, I would cancel the princess one if your daughter doesnt really care about it....Why waste it if she isnt going to really care and or enjoy it that much?

FaithTrustPixieDust
09-19-2008, 11:44 AM
LTT character meal is ending soon, but will still be there when we are there. (early October)

**Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. The main reason we are keeping that one is because it's our last chance to do that character meal. THANKS!

LuvsTigger80
09-19-2008, 11:54 AM
The character dinner at LTT will end in January. Which is too bad, I would have love to have taken my son to this one. Oh well.....:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-19-2008, 11:56 AM
If the character breakfast is not important, cancel it...we thought San Angel in was just okay as far as food goes, but the atmosphere is quite cool...I would keep the others

crazeedizneefinatic
09-19-2008, 12:18 PM
I got a little carried away and booked more ADRs than we have credits for on the dining plan. I'm trying to decide what to cancel and what to keep and perhaps pay out of pocket for. . . .

Here are our ADRs:
1900 Park fare- DD7 wants to meet the Stepsisters.
San Angel Inn- we've never eaten there
Kona breakfast- dying to try the Tonga Toast
Whispering Canyon- dying to explore Wilderness Lodge- this restaurant sounds like so much fun
Akershus princess breakfast- Hate to let go of this, but if it's not imp to DD7, then why keep it?
LeCellier- Been trying for last 3 trips to get in this place!!
Libery Tree Tavern- this will be our first and last chance to do the character meal here!
Cape May breakfast- this is our check out day. we always do a farewell breakfast. have been here before, but we do love it!

Here is my suggestions. I think by the way you listed them it pretty easy to narrow down. (At least for me, LOL!)
1. Definately the princess breakfast- If DD is not interested...that one was easy, LOL
2. San Angel-Only reason to eat there was you never had...If you would have said "I'm dying to try..." that would have been different.
3. Cape May breakfast-instead of doing this replace it with Kona breakfast. If you have already done it before switch it up and go for the tonga toast. I have never had it either, can't wait to hear how it was.

That makes the 3 you needed to get rid of. Can't wait to read the dining reviews, LOL!

Tygger7
09-19-2008, 12:19 PM
Here's another option to consider: cancel your "sit down" breakfast at the Poly and get the Tonga Toast from the counter service (is it still called Capt Cooks??). I'd heard lots of rave reviews about Kona, but was a little disappointed in the service and restaurant itself. It was very crowded and there weren't any special views or other "perks" other than the food, which was very good.

And, as another poster said, DO NOT cancel Le Cellier. We ate there for the first time and it was exceptional all the way around.

cer
09-19-2008, 12:38 PM
OK-Here is my shot at this. I have been to only one of these restaurants listed, but I have done a lot of research.

I've read good things about 1900 Park Fare. They say the character interaction here is great.

San Angel Inn appears to be hit or miss on food, but great atmosphere.

Kona Breakfast - If the only reason you are going is for the Tonga Toast, I understand you can get it at the Poly at their counter service place - somebody help me out here- I can't remember the name, but if you want only the Tonga Toast (and I have heard it is great, by the way) You could scratch Kona and save a TS there. Just a thought. - ALSO don't just take my word for it, please check into it, or someone out there verify for me! I would hate for you to cancel on my advice and miss the Tonga Toast!!!

Whispering Canyon we have done personally twice for lunch. Kind of dead at lunch, which is ok for us. Be ready for big interaction with your server - like horsin' around, giving you a hard time kind of like you'd expect at 50's Prime Time. You will love the resort and the boat ride over from MK is a fun part of the experience. We like the food here too. I'd keep this one.

Akerhaus B-fast - we aren't into princesses so much so, not much to draw us here.

Le Cellier - keep this one for sure.

LTT - Keep - got to eat with the gang and with the character ending in Jan, well it is simply a must-do.

Cape May Breakfast - I have not heard any bad reports here either.

I sure hope this helps a little.

Happy Friday!

Roo Girl
09-19-2008, 12:46 PM
1900 Park fare- I can't comment because I've never been there (yet).
*San Angel Inn- this is the one I'd say to scratch though I love it there for the ambiance. Case in point: this was my dinner ADR choice for Ecpot on New Years Eve 2006.
Kona breakfast- LOVE Kona Cafe- this was our discovery from our honeymoon when we stayed at Poly and maybe for that reason we have sentimental attachment to it. Great place though, we've only had good service there and for the "real" coffee alone (none of that Nescafe stuff), its worth it to me.
Whispering Canyon- Very very cute restaurant but expect a wild & crazy time!
Akershus princess breakfast- I'm not sure about this one either. Never been so I shoudn't comment but I'm not sure if the food would be a big draw for me.
LeCellier- NEVER CANCEL THIS ONE. It's like pulling teeth to get a ressie here. You will not regret having a meal here.
Libery Tree Tavern- I strongly believe they have discontinued characters here- definitely confirm this.
Cape May breakfast- Keep it!! I personally chose my breakfast on my birthday day at this place so I highly recommend it- plus it's characters so if LTT is out of the ballpark now, keep this one for your dose of character action!

Hope that helps! :mickey:

SBETigg
09-19-2008, 12:48 PM
I would definitely keep:

1900 Park Fare
Le Cellier
Whispering Canyon
Liberty Tree Tavern
San Angel Inn (my kids love it and we've always had good experiences, though it does get mixed reviews)

I would keep, but do out of pocket:
Kona Cafe
Cape May Cafe

I would cancel Akershus.

hel5165
09-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Cancel San Angel; the food is awful. The counter service outside is much better for Mexican food.
We just returned from the World and Le Cellier was very disappointing this time. New recipes and a smaller menu. If you go, do not get the steak w/risotto; nobody was finishing this dish. If you order salmon, specify how you like it cooked. The chef's tend to cook fish medium.

cer
09-19-2008, 12:59 PM
I double checked my other favorite source for all things Disney and they report the last character dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern will be on January 4, 2009.

Still hate to see it go. This is one we won't get to do. :(

jonahbear2006
09-19-2008, 01:08 PM
I would most definitely cancel San Angel. MY dvc families that i know hate that place, they say its horrible and i trust their judgement. Ride the three caballeros instead its free and you get the same view. Cancel the Cape May Cafe Or pay out of pocket if you need a farewell breakfast. We do farewell breakfast at Gasparilla grill, though it is a counter service. Pay for Kona Cafe Out of pocket since it is a choice you can make on prices, and dont cancel Le Cellier NOR do you want to pay out of pocket for this!!! Our bill was $150 for our three kids and both of us.

NJGIRL
09-19-2008, 01:55 PM
I don't care for Le Cellier but like the San Angels:blush:

CosmicRay
09-19-2008, 02:13 PM
As others have said, San Angel I would take off.
I900 Park Fare is great, but we didn't see the stepsisters last Dec. So I hope you see them if that is why you are going. But it is a great meal!
I have a DD7 as well and I understand they can quickly move from one "favorite" to the next and if princesses aren't her thing anymore, then I'd say take that off the list as well.
And keep LTT, it's the last chance to see the characters there. We are going Dec 4 - 11 and we will have just missed the character meal. But the food is still a great reason to go! DH loves their pot roast. Good luck in choosing!

FaithTrustPixieDust
09-19-2008, 02:18 PM
I don't care for Le Cellier but like the San Angels:blush:

You crazy rebel!! :mickey:

mrp4352
09-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Afraid I'm another "no" vote on San Angel. We've found that late lunch time and just ordering appetizers and margaritas is plenty - you can enjoy the atmosphere and they can't get nachos too terribly wrong.

I would recommend keeping Kona - but getting the macademia nut pineapple pancakes! With a pot of french press and a glass of their house juice - you've got a great, relaxing start to your day!

TBY2225
09-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Yes you can get the tonga toast at Captain Cooks CS at the Poly and it is the same as the one at Kona. They actually make them in the same location and send them up to Kona. It was also cheaper at Captain Cooks as well.

I would drop San Angel and Akurus!

I LOVE LE CELLIER keep it!

laward32
09-19-2008, 08:39 PM
I have to agree with TINKERBELLT421, DO NOT CANCEL LECELLIER. We love this place and wasn't able to get into it our last two trips. I called all the way up to the day we wanted. Also I loved Whispering Canyon, I would say keep that one. WL is beautiful and WCC is so much fun. The food is really good too. I haven't eaten at the rest of your picks, so I don't know on those. I hope this helps at least a little bit.:mickey:

disneydeb
09-19-2008, 08:44 PM
I would definitely keep:

1900 Park Fare
Le Cellier
Whispering Canyon
Liberty Tree Tavern
San Angel Inn (my kids love it and we've always had good experiences, though it does get mixed reviews)

I would keep, but do out of pocket:
Kona Cafe
Cape May Cafe

I would cancel Akershus.

I totally agree with Sherri.

jonahbear2006
09-20-2008, 11:58 AM
I am a big fan of Akershus. We loved it and the princesses were a good time there; much better than the royal table. We also like to make sure that we eat in epcot's countries because you are trying the different foods. I don't know. I would cancel San Angel WAY before Akershus. It is a much better restaurant and their dessert is bottomless and amazing!

Tinkerbella16
09-20-2008, 04:47 PM
If you have been trying for Le Cellier for 3 trips, then do NOT cancel it. That is one of the hardest places to get an adr for and the best restaurant on property.

I also LOVE LTT. And since the characters wont be there after january, I'd keep that one too...That is my favorite character meal for dinner. Kona Kafe is also a keeper...the best place for a nice relaxing breakfast without the characters...My fave and I love the Poly, so O'hanas would be hard to cancel lol.

You should keep Whispering Canyon Cafe also. Nothing like a wonderful meal at the wonderful Wilderness Lodge!!

KAT1811
09-23-2008, 12:39 PM
I'd skip LLT. It was by far the worst meal we have ever had in Disney. I know many love it but we will never be back to LLT, especially now that there are no characters. Good luck!