PDA

View Full Version : Scrambling to get ADR's for the new Disney Visa Free Dining...

Sunshine1010
09-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Today, I made a new reservation for a trip on October 5-11. Just booked it today.

I am getting the FREE dining special that just came out today......so I'm scrambling to get some 'decent' ADR's.

Guess what?...I was successful.

-Narcoosee's (special dinner we do every trip)
-Le Cellier (for my birthday),
-Sci-Fi (for 7 year old son who loves it)
-Tokyo Dining (GOTTA have the sushi)
-Tony's (at 7:50pm so we can eat, watch the fireworks afterwards, and then have a straight shot out of the park)

CA Grill and Ohana's BOTH had openings. But the times were late and my son can't do that. (all times were around 9-10pm)

I am happy. I have booked the trip, paid for the trip, made ALL my ADR's, figured out what days we'll be visiting what parks....all today! I am so excited!

Goofy4TheWorld
09-18-2008, 08:46 PM
WOW! That's is incredible.

I just got that email 5 minuted ago, and because it is such a great deal, I am physically ill that I can't take advantage of it :ill:

When I first thought about it, I just kept telling myself that the free dinning wasn't such a good deal anyway, since ADRs would be impossible to get. SOO, now I'm jealous :(

Have fun :mickey:

MickeyMomof2
09-18-2008, 09:42 PM
I also booked and got the ADRs I wanted (I actually booked the ADRs yesterday when I saw that the offer was coming out, just in case we decided to do it). We weren't planning to go back until Dec 09, so I am REALLY excited!

DisneyLoversx4
10-04-2008, 02:38 AM
I just booked our trip two days ago for the free dining on Dec.14-20! I was able to get the following reservations over the past two days...
Cape May seafood buffet for dinner
50's prime time dinner
crystal palace dinner
tony's dinner
donalds buffet breakfast in AK
Tokyo dining during Illuminations!
Coral Reef dinner

Not bad IMHO! Could not get LeCelliers, Chef Mickey, or 1900 Park Fare, but because of that we decided to try some new places listed above! We have been to Coral Reef and love it, and Crystal Palace once for breakfast not dinner, and my kids say 50's PT is our tradition! I also tried to get a Fantasmic package but was not successful! Oh well what do you expect when you book during free dining two and a half months in advance!!!
Oh by the way this is our first time going during the Holiday's! Cant wait to see everything decorated for Chirstmas!!!:mickey:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
10-04-2008, 08:48 AM
We didn't do free dining, but we did get the dining plan with our AP discount... I have NEVER done the dining plan or done any TS restaurants at Disney...so I was nervous...

I think we did pretty well:

Ohana's for dinner
LTT for dinner
Akershus for lunch
1900s Park Faire for dinner
Chef Mickey's for dinner
50s Prime Time for lunch
Ohana's for breakfast (this might change because I don't like the time for it...)

thrillme
10-05-2008, 05:32 PM
I got the free dining thing too because of the Visa. I signed up for one soley for this.

I'm "happy" about the dining but in a sense it's not completly free because the room seems to cost a little more than my "original" plan but the dining is free????:confused: Alas it's still coming out to be a bargin. And the nice thing...our vacation is PAID for except for a few drinks and souvineers that we HAVE to have and I guess the tip. That's a nice relief to not have to come home to any bills and we'll definately eat $300 worth of food regardless. I still feel I'm coming out ahead.

BUT

I just absolutely positively HATE reservations. I got in everywhere I could think of...(I really don't like going out of the park...I'm there FOR the park I don't leave). BUT...I have absolutely no clue whatsoever WHEN I'm going to be hungry or for WHAT. I live 5 minutes away from the grocery store and dinner is whatever we feel like that evening. I made reservations based on our "weekend" eating habits...hopefully I'm close.