PDA

View Full Version : Grand Gatherings

Belster
09-18-2008, 04:32 PM
We are off to the world in 29 days. We are a grand gathering, my question is: What exactly does that get us in the park if anything at all? Do we need to ask for things or advertise that we are a grand gathering or does this just simply mean we have 8 or more people?

Thanks for your help.

TheRustyScupper
09-18-2008, 05:30 PM
1) Basically, it means you have a group of 8-or-more.
2) There are some free benefits
. . . rooms grouped together, when possible
. . . seating at eateries close by, when possible
3) Other benefits are at regular price
. . . breakfast at Tony's
. . . specialty cruises
. . . dessert parties
. . . etc

mickey&missy
09-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Basically, it's what Rusty listed. We were a grand gathering on our March trip and attended 2 Grand Gatherings events. The Magical Fireworks cruise on Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake and Illuminations Dinner and Desert Reception. I definitely think both were very much worth the $!

Seeing Wishes from out on the water was a completely different experience and totally magical! The reception before the cruise was very nice with some great interaction with Capt. Hook and Mr Smee. The pirate who hosted our cruise was hysterical!! He made us laugh continuously and it helped keep us warm on a very chilly night! When we arrived back at the dock Peter Pan was waiting for us. my kids were the 1st off the boat and walked up dock hand in hand with Peter!! :cloud9: That was a completely magical memory that I'll never, ever forget!

The Illuminations Reception was wonderful! The food at the buffet was great, the hosts for the evening were hilarious and Minnie and Goofy joined the party for dancing with the kids! Can't beat that!! We got a reserved area for Illuminations and we were literally front row center!! It was beyond amazing!!

We reserved these 2 experience before hand, when I made all our ADR's. But, if your interested in any of the experience I'd definitely call to check if you can still get in!