PDA

View Full Version : Wave Reviews?

awaggett
09-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Has anyone dined at The Wave yet? We have a reservation there in November (on Thanksgiving), but have not heard much about it.

Thanks in advance!

dolphinmickey9170
09-18-2008, 05:22 PM
We did not like The Wave!

This is what we ordered - multi grain bread with a seasalted butter was also served.

Grilled Beef Tenderloin - with oven-dried tomatoes, roasted fingerling potatoes, cabernet sauce and local greens $28.99
Ben, Jessica, and Katy said it was "okay," but they have had much better. No flavor in the beef, undercooked potatoes. Just blah!

Braised Chicken Pot Pie - with peas, mushrooms and carrots topped with thyme pastry $19.99
The pastry had the most flavor, the rest was just so-so, not tasty at all. I was looking for comfort food, this didn't do it.

Decadent Flavors - Blueberry compote with yogurt gelato, Lemon cornbread with vanilla panna cotta, or Chocolate mousse with salted caramel sauce. - $7.99
These were good, but very tiny. Just a bite or two.

Creamy Indulgence - Cheesecake with raspberry coulis, Coconut panna cotta with passion fruit drizzle, or Chocolate-passion fruit mousse with pecan-olive brittle. - $7.99
The cheesecake was great, the rest....oh my, :ack:!

Kid's Picks
Choice of one appetizer, one entree and one dessert $7.59
Appetizers
Celery and Carrots
Entrees

Chicken Nachos
Desserts
Vanilla Gelato Sundae
These nachos were just a bunch of chips with a couple large pieces of chicken and burried in cheese.

The wait for our ressie was long, too long, as they were taking walk ups that were seated long before we were. The server, couldn't hear nor understand hardly a word he said. He was so heavily accented that I finally just gave up and said "whatever" anytime he asked a question. He noted that we were celebrating our anniversary and said he was bringing us a champagne toast. Well, two glasses of Manichevitz later, I was gagging at the smell. :sick: Some champagne, not that I wanted that either, but why tell your guest one thing and then do something totally opposite.:confused: Ben drank both of them and got quite a buzz. I took one sip and thought I was drinking dirty sock water from the washing machine.

The table next to us kept giving us the "evil eye" because Keara was fussing a little, waiting for her food. Service was very slow. :mad:

You can bet we will NOT be returning.

Honestly, I haven't heard many good reviews yet.

mouseketeer mom
09-20-2008, 10:54 AM
We ate here a few wks ago. The service was incredibly slooooow. The food was not very good, and none of us are picky. The whole experience, food, service, wait, everything was just "off". This is the first time dining at Disney that we said, "we will not be back".

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
09-20-2008, 12:26 PM
I would have to agree with the other posts. We ate there in Aug. and it was like they still were working out the newness. Our server was actually good (not great but good). The food was mediocre at best and the atmosphere just wasn't working for me at DW. We will not make it a point to return! It wasn't the worst meal I have had on property but probably towards the bottom middle.

hel5165
09-20-2008, 04:52 PM
We just ate there a few days ago. I think the atmosphere is a bit dreary and the menu limited. I had the beef tenderloin which was terrific, served with a small green salad and about 5 fingerling potatoes. If you are a big eater you won't be satisfied but for me it was perfect. The desserts were just right; a selection of 3 served individually on a tray. The espresso was an extra charge on the dining plan because it's made with organic beans.

MinnieMommie
09-20-2008, 06:39 PM
DH and I have dinner reservations in October for The Wave. I had been looking forward to this addition to CR but what you all and others have posted is making me consider changing my reservation to dine elsewhere. Thanks for your review. It is helpful (and I am sorry you were so disappointed) :mickey:

cherokeeAl
09-22-2008, 09:53 PM
The Wave was a terrible experience. Waitress was horrible. We waited over 10 minutes with empty glasses before finally asking someone else for a refill. During this time of waiting, the waitress came by 5 times but never looked our way. She only had 3 tables to take care of. 2 people each at two tables and our table of 4.

She started taking my sons plate away with over half of his steak left. When we stopped her and said we had been waiting for drink refills she slammed the plate on the table. Needless to say, we were very upset by her attitude and service. We did not even stay for dessert. This was one time that I was glad the tips were not included on the DDP. I would not recommend this restaurant because of the service.

diz_girl
09-23-2008, 01:52 PM
I think that I'm going to cancel my breakfast ADRs for our upcoming trip. The reservations are for our first morning, so it's probably best that we have breakfast at our resort anyway.

Just got off the phone. It's WCC for us. Yeah!

LandFan
09-23-2008, 08:02 PM
yep. Not a fan. It was ok. Nothing exceptional on the ambiance, money or food scale.