PDA

View Full Version : Question about when to go to Disney??

arsenal3
09-18-2008, 03:59 PM
I have read all over the place the one of the best times to go to WDW is the first two weeks of December. I just learned yesterday that I will be going to Jacksonville in the second week of December and have decided to try and take a trip to WDW. However when I called today to see what was available as far as resorts go they only had rooms at three different hotels Wilderness, Swan and Dolphin. I am confused and the only reason why we would take this trip is because of the Christmas decorations, shows, and the fact that it is regarded as one of the least busy times of the year, yet all the room are taken.

What does this mean? Is it just that the rooms are filled and still won’t be that busy or what??

BTW we would be going the week of December 8th.

Thanks for your help in advance...

Beast_fanatic
09-18-2008, 04:50 PM
The first couple of weeks of December are not nearly as "empty" as they used to be. Crowds will likely be at least moderate at that time, but they are certainly manageable. As a matter of fact, I'll be there then myself.

As far as everything being booked, Disney only opens up as many rooms as they think they can fill in a given time period, so even though everything shows as booked, that does not mean they are at 100% capacity. Also, they make different rooms available through different sources, so although they told you those were the only 3 resorts available, you might get a different answer if you go through a travel agency. I highly recommend Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/). They are very good about being able to find things when no one else can, and it doesn't cost anything to use them. Using them also benefits this site. :thumbsup:

Disney fans..
09-18-2008, 05:26 PM
I second the company MJ...they are wonderful and make planning less of a hassle.:cloud9:

Jasper
09-18-2008, 05:31 PM
:ditto::exactly: The other thing Rhonda did not mention is that with the growth in Disney business in general coupled with great websites like Intercot, people have become much more familiar with the traditional slow seasons than they used to be. That means that when feasible, people are now going during the slow seasons which causes them to be busier than they have been in the past.

arsenal3
09-18-2008, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the info and I did visit the site, but they said it would take up to 24 hours to process. So while I wait is there any other websites or compainies I can try out that you guys know of?

hardingella
09-19-2008, 07:34 AM
Can I guess that from "Arsenal3" you are from the UK? If so can i sugest you try CO-OP travel. We have been several times and have always got exactly what we were after. If your not then Sorry.

Beast_fanatic
09-19-2008, 11:32 AM
A quote from Magical Journeys normally only takes a few hours (depending of course on whether the agents are sleeping when you request it). Be sure to check your spam folder as the quotes sometimes end up going there.

arsenal3
09-19-2008, 12:33 PM
Haringella- Haha, nope I wish though, I from Ohio. Just don't know all the website and stuff. Thanks for all the info though.

diz_girl
09-19-2008, 01:22 PM
I'd jump at the room at the WL. They (and the GF) have the best Christmas decorations. I'm surprised that they would still have rooms.

Also, the week that you're going is Pop Warner week, so the Pop Warner teams are staying at the Value resorts, with some spillover to POR or POFQ. That's one reason why rooms at the Values and Moderates in short supply.

gmgdisneymom
09-21-2008, 10:40 AM
The first 2 weeks in Dec are more crowed than they used to be because of the pop-warner cheerleader competitions