PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Question on MYW card

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
09-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Hi there,
We arrive on Saturday! YAY! My question is... instead of attaching a credit card to my MYW card for transactions... can I attach my Disney visa points, and then add some cash?

Scott C
09-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Don't know -- but what I always do is go ahead and tie it to your credit card -- then after you charge some things. Go to the front desk and apply your rewards or pay cash. They dont actually bill your credit card until you max your limit or check out.

Hope this helps
Scott C

Sunshine1010
09-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Yes, the best way is to put a cc down and then when you check out - use the points/cash.

They don't charge your cc until you leave. Just remember, if you order Express Check-out (where you don't have to see the desk at checkout) then they WILL charge your cc.

KylesMom
09-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Provided you have ordered your Rewards Card and transferred your points over, yes. When you transfer the "points" they become dollars. At that point you can put them on your account and charge against your room key. :mickey:

justice11
09-18-2008, 11:27 AM
i need help, how do i start a new thread. my question is, wouldn't it be smart to pay for Christmas and my next trip with rewards money. my husband does not want a credit card, at one point i had a disney rewards card.i have 54 dollars on it right now. i called and they said wait until i am closer to my trip to get them, so i told my dh i should get the card again, (in my hands) and use it , he thinks i am crazy. we go in may,not him of course, but all the rest of us. we have. we have over 30 kids, grandkids and greats and we buy them all Christmas, so this makes sense to me. sorry if this is a crazy letter but i have a 3 year old boy on my back. we r going in may.:unsure:

KylesMom
09-18-2008, 04:00 PM
To Justice11:

my husband does not want a credit card

Although we love our Disney Visa card and earn a nice sum of cash annually for our yearly vacation, I wouldn't get into a marital war over it. I'd share your ideas with your DH and decide together if the Disney Rewards Visa would be a good savings vehicle for you. Yes, you can earn a substantial amount toward your upcoming vacation if you charge frequently, but you need to pay the card off each month in order to realize the savings. As I'm sure you know, you earn $1 for every $100 spent. We put everything including gas, groceries, insurance, phone bill, Y membership, etcetera on the card each month - this is what has allowed our Rewards Dollars to flourish.

Note that the Rewards Card that you will need to order to cash in your points does expire (with any of the $$$ remaining on it), and because there are minimums you need to transfer points (20 originally, 10 thereafter) I would hold off a bit before ordering the Rewards Card & transferring your points over if you will be utilizing it more.