PDA

View Full Version : Favorite WDW Attraction Queue?

TheWizofDiz
09-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Hi everyone,

I posted this about 5 years ago and got some great responses...what is your favorite WDW attraction queue and why? My fav is Splash Mountain in the MK...so much attention to detail and the queue goes up stairs and then around a balcony and then down thru the mountain tunnel with special effects all around you. What is yours?

ali'sdad2003
09-17-2008, 05:25 PM
The Tower of Terror is my favorite. :D It sets the mood perfectly even if you move through the queue quickly. The attention to detail is incredible. I can not wait to ride. :thumbsup:

3 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
09-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Inside and outside, the Tower of Terror queue is the greatest.

Chris :hatter:

Strmchsr
09-17-2008, 06:37 PM
I suppose due to my fascination with other cultures it would have to be Expedition Everest. I never get tired of waiting in line for it.

RobWreck
09-17-2008, 07:46 PM
While it's hard to argue with choices like ToT and Splash, I'm going to have to go with PotC... I love that queue... the skeletons playing chess, winding through the old fort with the cannons, even the sound of pirates burying treasure down off in a cave. Plus, it's inside out of the sun and it feels nice and cool and damp... :D
Rob

minnesotafreeze
09-17-2008, 08:24 PM
My favorite is the Star Tours queue. It is much better than the ride itself.:mickey:

Epcot fan 421
09-17-2008, 09:03 PM
I have to say my favorite queue is Splash Mountain. I like after you go through the barn you are led through the tunnels. At this point you get a since that you're inside of the mountain because you don't really know exactly where you are.
I also like the build up of the ride. You hear critters singing in the small houses, you see a shadow of a frog, and see pictures of landmarks of this fantasy world that you're heading to.

MaxPower
09-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Edxpedition Everest has a great queue. And I like the idea of Test Track's queue more than its execution.

And a nod to the past: The queue for Food Rocks at Epcot was always interesting because the walls were painted with dozens of little-known facts about food.

joanna71985
09-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Mine are:
*EE
*GMR (I love watching the movie clips)
*TT
*TSM
*Finding Nemo the ride

wdwfansince75
09-17-2008, 09:57 PM
EE....by the time you get there, you are away from the park....

ToT is a close second....or maybe third....Toy Story Midway Mania is third...or second...haven't made a final decision....Also like Star Tours....and PoTC....and Muppets....oh, and Splash is kind of neat.....maybe there really are imagineers paying attention to details....where were they when the queue for Soaring was being put together?

Davyjones
09-17-2008, 10:25 PM
While it's hard to argue with choices like ToT and Splash, I'm going to have to go with PotC... I love that queue... the skeletons playing chess, winding through the old fort with the cannons, even the sound of pirates burying treasure down off in a cave. Plus, it's inside out of the sun and it feels nice and cool and damp... :D
Rob

I have to go with PotC also! :thumbsup: I love everything about the ride, and the queue is included. Although, I do like the short queue at the PotC ride at Disneyland too. :mickey:

MickeysEars
09-17-2008, 10:34 PM
the Rapids at AK has a lot to look at and read. I haven't been on EE yet, but from what I read it is much of the same.

Figaro
09-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Am I the first to say HM? I LOVE HM. It makes for a nice time to tell scary stories of HM and begin scaring the people who are with me. :mickey: :secret: I also like Space Mtn and the Great Movie Ride. :number1:

PittFan
09-18-2008, 12:33 AM
It's definitely the Jungle Cruise queue for me. I guess it's a nostalgia thing. Every time I'm in the queue I flash back to some great childhood memories of my first visit. For some reason I can still remember waiting for the Jungle Cruise while we listened to the guys playing the Steel Drums ( 55 gallon drums). Does anyone else remember them? It would have been in the summer of '72. They had a jewelry stand there where my DD bought a ring that my DM gave to me after he passed away.

DigitalDaredevil
09-18-2008, 02:25 AM
ToT is my favorite. From the outside gardens and the creepy music to the inside. It really sets the tone early in the attraction.
I do like PoTC also.

mouseketeer mom
09-18-2008, 06:32 AM
Nemo, the ride. I love the part where the swimming fish on the wall make all kinds of shapes, like Cinderellas castle.

Tinkerbella16
09-18-2008, 06:35 AM
Splash would be my favorite with ToT in very close second. Both queue's are VERY unique and the attention to detail is phenomenal. :mickey:

#1donaldfan
09-18-2008, 06:48 AM
Most all of 'em need to be honorable mentions, but if I HAVE to pick just one, it would be TOT, with a very close second of EE......:mickey:

hardingella
09-18-2008, 07:05 AM
Yes, TOT for me too, though i swear i will never do the ride again:sick:. You see i dont do up and down or round and round for that matter, my DH talked me into it, but if i could do the queue and part of the ride right up to the drop bit i would. I love the CMs there, they always fit the part so well, but it must be quite tough to look miserable all day!!:(

BigRedDad
09-18-2008, 08:09 AM
There are too many good ones out there. PotC, SplMtn, SpMtn (back in the day it was cutting edge technology), RnRC, ToT, EE. WDW does a good job at keeping everyone content while waiting in lines. The ones that get really boring are like Fantasyland where you walk back and forth and back and forth with nothing more than the ride start.

TheWizofDiz
09-18-2008, 01:46 PM
I also feel that WDW queues are, for the most part, are almost amazing as the attractions themselves.

I can't agree more with Star Tours, Tower of Terror (my DD altime fav attraction), Toy Storia Mania, Pirates of the Caribbean, and, even though it is not a true "queue" just walking thru the train station at the MK and rounding the corner to see Cindy's Castle still gives me that..."How can someone NOT have fun here!" feeling....

ShinynewJB
09-18-2008, 01:46 PM
I loved the Finding Nemo queue quite a lot. I really like the sea-side theme, and it's really peaceful. Everytime we went on it though, we just walked straight on, so I can imagine walking through that winding bit in the "underwater" room could be a bit of a pain eventually.

prttynpnk
09-18-2008, 02:47 PM
What? No love for Dumbo? Don't we like hot tarmac and roped ques? ;)

Polynesian Dweller
09-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Reall toss up between TOT and POTC (left side). EE is great once you get into the building but the outside can be a bit dull. POTC left side has a bit more story of the surroundings than the right side. But TOT from the gates to the library is the best.

Imagineer1981
09-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Reall toss up between TOT and POTC (left side). EE is great once you get into the building but the outside can be a bit dull. POTC left side has a bit more story of the surroundings than the right side. But TOT from the gates to the library is the best.

POTC for one reason...NO BELLS!!! You are right the outside of EE can be dull, and ANNOYING WITH ALL THE BELLS, BELLS, BELLS..........

RBrooksC
09-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Look at all the diverse answers here. It shows that Disney puts as much thought into their E Ticket ride queues as it does for the ride itself. Look at the Muppet's queue, or EE , POTC, Splash Mountain, Kali River just to name a few. During the busy season one can really enjoy waiting for the ride due to all the stuff to see in the queue. The last few times I have actually missed most of the queue because the ride lines were so short.

I love the ToT queue but I never got to see it because the lines were so short I walked right into the library each time I rode it.

dolphinmickey9170
09-19-2008, 09:51 AM
It is ToT for me. I just love all the details, the movie is so cool too. If you haven't seen it, you must!!

DisneyDoug2
09-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Here are my top five!

Expedition Everest
Splash Mountain
Tower of Terror
Kali River Rapids
The Haunted Mansion

4ubie1
09-19-2008, 10:11 AM
While I agree ToT is fantastic in it's detail and design and I am eager to see E:E's, I have to say my favorite is still PotC. :pirate: It is one of my family's favorite rides and it has one of the few theme songs I don't mind getting stuck in my head :blush:

HoosierDisneyFan
09-21-2008, 01:33 PM
I love this question!!! This is one of many things that make WDW great!!!
:mickey:

I would vote for Rock Roller Coaster but many, many great selections!

Disneypixie513
09-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Hmm...
POtC, EE,ToT, RnRC..
Those are my favs..

N2DisneyWorld
09-22-2008, 10:27 PM
I know these aren't really rides, but I like the waiting area at Mickey's Philharmagic. I enjoy reading the posters on the wall.

I also like the waiting area for It's a Bugs Life at AK. I love walking down and looking at the Tree of Life (there aren't really any lines when we go) and I like the area under the tree right before you go in the theater.

SmallWorldBobby
09-23-2008, 01:32 AM
Definitely ToT. Several on this list are fantastic, but ToT is the best of the best for me.

TheWizofDiz
09-23-2008, 11:01 AM
A "queue" can be anywhere you are waiting in line, whether waiting for a ride to load or waiting for the "automagic" doors to open...I know for me that the queue for Toy Story Mania" brought back great memories of Christmas Day back in the 6o's & 70's...:santa2:
gotta love those Tinker Toys!:thumbsup:

EpcotFan182
09-23-2008, 04:37 PM
my favorite queue is probably Star Tours. There's so much detail - I enjoy it every time and makes the wait seem shorter :mickey: