PDA

View Full Version : Hotel options for party of 6

ncrohrs
09-17-2008, 10:37 AM
We are tentatively planning a November 2009 trip! Our family of 5 stayed at the Poly in Feb '08 (loved it!). But this time we have an infant and we may bring my Mother in Law (so a total of 7, but 6 that need beds).

Just wondering what some of the options for 6 are like: suites, cabins, adjoining rooms. The suites sound feasible, but I'd rather everyone have a real bed and not a pull-out couch or chair.

I am thinking adjoining rooms or two rooms at either one of the all star resorts or Port Orleans. Just not sure if we should go value, or moderate.

We are spoiled having stayed at GF and Poly our last two trips! But if we bring our extra person (we'd pay most of her way) we'll have to scale down.

Any info is appreciated, thanks!

Nicole :mickey:

Cinderelley
09-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Have you looked into the Fort Wilderness Cabins? We stayed there as a family of 6 and it worked out very well.

There's a murphy bed in the living room, and a double (?) bed with two bunk beds in the bedroom.

The only draw back as opposed to two rooms is that the cabin would only have one bathroom. Also, you have to take a bus through Fort Wilderness to get to the park buses.

I loved how peaceful they were though.

You could also look into some of the DVC units. I'm sure a two or three bedroom would easily hold all of you guys.

DisneyWhirled
09-17-2008, 11:25 AM
The cabins seem like a good option, and are considered moderate. They are spacious and have a full kitchen.

The other option is a Value Suite @ one of the Value resorts.

It would be more $, but there are always 2 BDRM units at the DVC resorts. Again, full kitchens and even washer/dryer!!

Good luck with your decision and hope you have a fabulous trip!

MrsAndre
09-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Hi Nicole!
We're travelling as a party of 6 now that DS has decided to go with us after all! :cloud9:
I had made a reservation at Fort Wilderness for a cabin...but we decided to change to a 2BR at SSR. We really want the extra space and to know that we'd have better pool facilities. Although it is a little more expensive, SSR and OKW are very reasonable as far as the Villas go.
I think getting adjoining rooms at a moderate would probably have been about equal to the price of a 2BR villa, maybe even more expensive.

pandkx3
09-17-2008, 12:50 PM
We are a family of 5, so we usually get two connecting rooms at Pop. Everyone has room to breathe and, most importantly, two bathrooms:blush:

ncrohrs
09-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Thank you!

We'll have to look into the cabins, see what they are all about.

I don't know much about the villas in OKW or SSR. They sound great too!

It is going to be important for us to have fun pools (for the kids) and breathing room of course! Convenience is also a factor, like buses, short waits, etc.

Does anyone have more details regarding SSR or OKW?

Thank you much!

jonahbear2006
09-17-2008, 01:51 PM
I would do two rooms at a moderate resort. Personally, I would want to stay at POR, but that is mainly cause of the location and I love that they surround their grounds in pools. The resort rooms sleep 5 so your 7 people will have a bit more space and feel quite comfortable and still have themed slides, as opposed to being in value resorts and not having slides. I need a slide and I like to be able to take a boat somewhere. The value resorts are just way out there. If I were staying at one of these places, I would probably be very frustrated with getting around the world, esp. with a baby.

DisneyWhirled
09-17-2008, 02:25 PM
Thank you!

We'll have to look into the cabins, see what they are all about.

I don't know much about the villas in OKW or SSR. They sound great too!

It is going to be important for us to have fun pools (for the kids) and breathing room of course! Convenience is also a factor, like buses, short waits, etc.

Does anyone have more details regarding SSR or OKW?

Thank you much!

I would love to give you info! I own DVC at SSR and we have stayed in a two bedroom before.

There are two themed pools, and they are very nice. Particularly, I would ask to be in Congress Park, Grandstands or The Springs. They are all close to the main house and pools.

The main bedroom has a king size bed and jacuzzi. The living room boasts a queen size sleeper sofa and the second bedroom has either two queen size beds or a queen size bed and sleeper sofa as well as a bathroom, of course!

We have had no problems with bussing and if you stay in Congress Park, it is a nice walk to DTD. There is a boat to DTD as well as OKW.

If you go to the Info Central page and look up SSR, there is a room layout and pricing options.

Please PM me if I can be of any assistance!!

Insanity Clause
09-17-2008, 11:26 PM
I think the best option in my opinion would be the cabins. They sleep 6...A double bed, bunk beds and a murphy bed. This was something that we were considering outselvess.

Cinderelley
09-18-2008, 01:24 PM
If you are thinking of doing a DVC unit, you might want to look into the Wilderness Lodge units with their close proximity to MK. I think it would be awesome to stay in one at AKL.