PDA

View Full Version : Need more details on Bay Lake

wjrhw
09-17-2008, 07:59 AM
Does anyone have a point chart/proposed point chart. Also, any thoughts on possible incentives.

I bought 160 points at AKV and was considering a small purchase at Bay Lake. Although it all depends on the point cost to stay at Bay Lake.

Ian
09-17-2008, 08:03 AM
There were some early point charts floating around at some point, but I can't seem to locate them now. The points were pretty pricey ... I think it was something like 25 points a night on average for a studio, but I could be wrong about that.

Also you can't make a "small purchase" of BLT ... you have to buy at least the Disney minimum of 160 points.

Although maybe that would be considered small to some people, I guess.

wjrhw
09-17-2008, 08:11 AM
Thanks Ian.

25 points a night is way out of my range. As is an additional 160 points.

I think I'll save my money and just look for a small BCV or BWV resale.

DisneyWhirled
09-17-2008, 08:54 AM
If you are currently a member, you can log on to your member site and by going to the "points charts calculator" see what BLT will be per night.

As of yesterday, the chart wasn't up online, but they had entered the data in the calculator.

Hope this helps!

Figment!
09-17-2008, 08:55 AM
The preliminary point per unit information that was published with the county can be found in Bay Lake Tower News & Progress (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=133389) down in the News forum.

wjrhw
09-17-2008, 10:42 AM
If you are currently a member, you can log on to your member site and by going to the "points charts calculator" see what BLT will be per night.

As of yesterday, the chart wasn't up online, but they had entered the data in the calculator.

Hope this helps!

This was a big help. Thanks.

According to the calculator, a weeknight standard view, studio in September is only 12 points a night and a weekend 23 points a night.

That's not bad, but I would only like to buy a 50 point contract. Can't afford 160 points right now.

ThanxForNoticin
09-17-2008, 12:13 PM
This was a big help. Thanks.

According to the calculator, a weeknight standard view, studio in September is only 12 points a night and a weekend 23 points a night.

That's not bad, but I would only like to buy a 50 point contract. Can't afford 160 points right now.

It's not out of the question they will offer smaller buy-ins for current DVC members. I have absolutely no inside information, but we made a small point purchase into AKLV last year since we were OKW owners. It might depend on how well sales go at BLT, but keep your eyes open - a 50-point buy-in might be something that becomes available in the future.

tinkerbell04
09-17-2008, 06:37 PM
I contacted my guide today. I was able to get in the works a 100 point add-on to my existing contract at SSR. My guide told me that it is possible to purchase under 100 points but you would not be able to get the 5.00 off per point incentive if it was under that amount. She also said that they are not officially selling until Sunday but will process them in the same order that the calls came in. She took my credit card information for the deposit and told me to look for my paperwork by then end of the month.

One detail she did share with me was that you pay for your points monthly/in whole (whatever works for you) now but you will not get them until your use year next year. SOOOO, if we wanted to book next Sept when they open we would have to borrow our points. Our use year is December and we will get our first allotment in December of 2009. Dues however, will not start until the building opens.

FiggyFan
09-17-2008, 10:05 PM
I looked at the points chart for BLT on the DVC site. In summary, rooms are available with Standard View, Lake View, or MK view. Standard View has a point count about the same as BWV and BCV. Lake View is about 10% higher than standard. MK View is about 33% higher than standard.

disneyboundagain
09-17-2008, 10:33 PM
I am not a DVC member YET, so I don't think I have access to the site to view the point charts. Can someone please send me a link to charts that I can access?

I just talked it over with DW over dinner, and the tentative plan is to take the DVC tour in Dec when we are there to make sure we don't have any last second questions. We were then going to buy into BLT right after the tour. Now I am starting to second guess waiting. We would want to use our points for the first time in Dec 09. If we buy in Dec 08, when will our use year start and our points become available? Since the plan is to continue to visit at least once a year, there is no way that I want to borrow any points from the '10 use year.

I hope this question makes sense, and thanks for any help.