PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the end of Sept.?

Deesdisney
09-16-2008, 11:10 PM
I need some help. My mom is going to give me a trip for my Bday at the end of the month. Is free dinning still going on? Is it really humid like June? and is it really busy? Thank you for your help.:party::party:

MouseyMomma
09-17-2008, 05:53 AM
Hello....I'm a local and live in the Kissimmee area. I think Sept is a great time to visit! The weather is getting nicer and the crowds are LOW. It is still humid but not as bad as June/July, and the days are getting shorter so the cooling off starts earlier! I'm sure somebody else can answer your question for sure about the free dining but I believe the time to get that deal has already passed! :( We did the free dinning last year and it was really nice but it also 'eats' up a lot of your time. No pun intended.... ;) Enjoy your trip! :party:

Strmchsr
09-17-2008, 08:11 AM
"Free" dining ends September 28, though some folks had bounceback promotions, or a recently offered discount, that went on into October. Normal highs are a around 90 (though this year looks a little lower - check the weather thread in this forum). It's still humid, but not horrible. There isn't really a slow time anymore, but crowds aren't horrible.

disneyfan328
09-17-2008, 09:51 AM
While I don't know if you can still get free dining or not, I can tell you that we went the last week of September last year and it was great EXCEPT for the Humidity. The parks had lots of people, but lines for most things were pretty short. we even walked off and on Buzz lightyear like 5 times in a row as the kids were having so much fun!!! We did the same on space. The only things that really ever had lines was finding nemo musical (we actuallyl couldn't get in to the first show that we tried to ) BTM and SM both had 30 minute waits and soarin was like 60 mins. but fast pass time was an hour later so we got fast passes, went and ate and then were able to get on in the FP line with only about a 10 minute wait.

The humidity was bad though especially at the AK due to all of the foilage I think. We ended up leaving early and didn't get to do much in that park as we just couldn't take it. We headed for the pools as I was actually getting sick from it. Most of the other days it was tolerable though.
Have a great trip.

TBY2225
09-17-2008, 10:07 AM
This will be our 3rd year in a row going the last week of September. Regular free dining will be gone, but we have the bounce-back free dining through 10-4. Crowds have been minimal-moderate with only 20 minute waits on most rides to 60 for Soarin. I think it is a great time to go, except for the humidity!