PDA

View Full Version : SOG or Wait for January Promo?

djbinding
09-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Need some help here. I can book SOG in Mid January and get the military room rate with breakfast included.(Good price) This year I might want to hit Universal for a couple days as well. It seems like even the discounted ticket are kind of pricey when you have to buy a 2 day and a 3 day at Universal and Disney.

My question is: Might there be some promos posted for mid Jan. including tickets accomodations DD etc.? Or should I book the SOG and bite the bullet? I can cancel my reservations 30 days in advance if another promo comes up between now and then.

:confused::confused::confused:

mudpuppysmom
09-18-2008, 02:59 PM
If it were me, I'd bite. I took DS two years ago in January and we had the same pkg that you are talking about. Going down to breakfast each morning was way better than grabbing something in the room (even though I try to get decent stuff at the grocery store). Nothing like a nice hot breakfast to start your day!

Plus, you are right across the street from the Poly!

The room rate at SOG cannot be beat for the accommodations you get!

I kinda wish we were staying there in December, but when I mentioned military resort to my sister she just totally shut down to the option......it really is a nice place to stay (and I'm a bit of a hotel snob).

djbinding
09-18-2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks, I bit. I guess the proximity to the Poly and monorail is a bonus as well.

Do you recall a full PX there? If i need to buy a bottle of wine beer etc., is it available at the PX?

wdwfansince75
09-19-2008, 08:19 AM
The PX at SoG does carry wine and beer...and some hard stuff...Tax exempt...

Location is great, and buses, while not top of the line, are reliable...but only run once an hour to AK and DHS...

Rooms are super....great place to stay!

djbinding
09-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Great! Sounds like a good choice:mickey:

wdwfansince75
09-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Forgot to mention.....an eligible member ("sponsor") can reserve up to 3 additional rooms for the same time period.....great way to help friends or family members get an affordable vacation....our kids and our grandkids have enjoyed several vacations that way. And the buffet breakfasts and dinners, while not outstanding, provide affordable and filling meals.

pcoleman
09-21-2008, 08:04 PM
I'd bite and book the SOG room. We just just back from the POP and I really missed the SOG rooms and the monorail system.

djbinding
09-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Thanks. What about the monorail? I've heard about a 5-10 minute walk to the Poly where i can catch the monorail.

Also looking for the best way to arrive from the airport with group of 10. Any suggestions? Magical Express doesn't go to SOG.

wdwfansince75
09-23-2008, 10:59 PM
When we were there in June, we usually walked to the Poly to catch the monorail. Ten minutes at an easy pace.....But there is also a bus about every 15 minutes to the TTC....used that for EPCOT, and when returning from MK, particularly after EMH. Also, there is a Shady Shuttle ( a large golf cart) operated by the bell hops at SoG that lets you out across the street from Poly.