PDA

View Full Version : Focusing on Disney...

mickeys_princess_mom
09-16-2008, 09:42 PM
It's been quite a week. I like The Rusty Scupper's style, so here goes.
1. Mammogram #1. Hmmm.
2. Mammogam #2 two days later.
3. Meeting with surgeon today.
4. Surgery and biopsy Monday.
5. That's a long time to think.
6. Scared to death.

Soo..o after four hours waiting and squirming today in the doctor's office, my sweet DD's took me to David's Bridal where we picked out a very fancy, princessy dress to wear soon coming down the stairs at the GF on my 30th anniversary dinner date. After dinner I want to put on my tennis shoes (maybe I'll add some glitter?..) and wear it all over the Magic Kingdom at the MVMCP. Focusing on Disney. That's the plan.
I even wore head-to-toe Disney stuff when I went for the first office visit. Going for tests tomorrow. That's still the plan.

disneymom15
09-16-2008, 09:55 PM
I hope things turn out in your favor. Best of luck to you.

kemps@wdw
09-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Dear Mom;
Reading your post made me cry! Not so long ago, I was exactly where you are! All the biopsies, dr visits, mammos...and the waiting is the worst part! I hope all is negative. But, if not, have faith in the knowledge that today's medical technology in this field is astounding!
As a breast cancer survivor, I am proof of that.
But I love hearing that you're going on w/your plans. I was in WDW 3 wks after my mastectomy, and on my 25th anniversary,and am planning to be there again in 09 for my 30th
anniversary as well. The important thing is that you run this disease...don't let it run you!
And don't let it stop you from doing anything you want to do. And remember...bald IS beautiful! :D

mickeys_princess_mom
09-17-2008, 12:02 AM
Dear Mom;
Reading your post made me cry! Not so long ago, I was exactly where you are! All the biopsies, dr visits, mammos...and the waiting is the worst part! I hope all is negative. But, if not, have faith in the knowledge that today's medical technology in this field is astounding!
As a breast cancer survivor, I am proof of that.
But I love hearing that you're going on w/your plans. I was in WDW 3 wks after my mastectomy, and on my 25th anniversary,and am planning to be there again in 09 for my 30th
anniversary as well. The important thing is that you run this disease...don't let it run you!
And don't let it stop you from doing anything you want to do. And remember...bald IS beautiful! :D
OK, now you have me crying. All I can say is thank you.:hug:

TinkerbellT421
09-17-2008, 08:26 AM
You guys had me crying here at my desk at work! I so hope everything works out for you. I am sending you the good luck pixie dust. And focusing on Disney can help you through anything :D
Here is Pixie dust for you, best of luck.:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Nascfan
09-17-2008, 10:19 AM
Sending loads of :pixie: .

Try not to think too much. Easy to say, I know. But focus on the positive, keep those Disney thoughts.

DisneyWhirled
09-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Pixie Dust to you. How unfair that you have to wait. Keep the positive Disney thoughts!!

We will be praying for you!

jrkcr
09-17-2008, 11:44 AM
:pixie:

And a big :hug:!!

Your dress sounds fabulous, especially the shoes! ;) Post some pictures!

Jeff G
09-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Well wishes and :pixie: for you. You'll be in our prayers for a positive outcome.

LauraleeH
09-17-2008, 12:30 PM
I loved the glitter tennis shoes at Disney idea ;)
I'm praying for you and I hope you have a great vacation...try not to worry, since waiting is always the worst. Keep your mind busy with more Disney planning and good thoughts :)

RedSoxFan
09-17-2008, 12:58 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

merlinmagic4
09-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Sending all I've got :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

Beast_fanatic
09-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Loads of :pixie: on the way!

iheartmickey
09-17-2008, 06:01 PM
:pixie: lots of pixied dust that the Disney thoughts help keep you from too much worry.

tinkerbell04
09-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Sending you lots of prayers and :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

disneydeb
09-17-2008, 08:50 PM
:hug: and :pixie:

I'll be thinking of you.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Sending lots of pixie dust your way for a positive outcome to your tests!
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

faline
09-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Best of luck to you! I know exactly how you feel! I've been there more than once and, luckily, each time, it was benign (isn't that a lovely word?)! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get the best of results!

mickeys_princess_mom
09-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Thanks to all of you sweet people. I really appreciate your messages and pixiedust.
Set for Monday morning. Lots of :hug: back to you.

judoma
09-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Here's some :pixie: and well wishes for you and your family from me and mine!

Dsnygirl
09-18-2008, 09:01 AM
I am so sorry you have to be going through this -- I've been in similar shoes, and I know how tough the waiting can be. You are doing the right thing, focusing on the positives and the things you love -- looking to the future -- and I am sending you LOADS of :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: that things turn out for the best on Monday!! :magic:

ElenitaB
09-18-2008, 05:10 PM
5. That's a long time to think.
6. Scared to death.

Replying a la Rusty:
5. Sure is and it's the worst part!
6. Any chance you can turn that "scared to death" to a "really mad about the whole thing and ready to kick any potential :thedolls: to the curb"?

Lots of :pixie: for you and praying for a big fat ol' NEGATIVE on your test results! (And if not, know that we're here for you.)

mrsgaribaldi
09-19-2008, 05:31 AM
Loads of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers on the way. :hug:

mickeys_princess_mom
09-25-2008, 10:44 AM
News is Good!!! Finally got it yesterday afternoon. Kind of freaked me out, cause he said, "Surprisingly". I knew he had to do a little more than he planned, but he had a good "poker face" after, and I was not aware of the degree of "concern". Just as well.
Now I'll have a tiny little tough pirate scar that will not show with my fancy princess dress. I finally slept last night. Thanks for all the good wishes and prayers.

Beach Club Babe
09-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Congratulations, that's wonderful news!

jrkcr
09-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Glad to hear it! And have a great trip!! :thumbsup:

Ed
09-25-2008, 02:12 PM
:congrats:

:woohoo:

:pixie:

That's great news! And no good :pirate: is complete without a scar or two.

:thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
09-25-2008, 04:01 PM
Great news!!! Have a wonderful trip :pixie::pixie::pixie:

kakn7294
09-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Awesome!!!

disneydeb
09-25-2008, 06:41 PM
WooHoo!:thumbsup:

Beast_fanatic
09-26-2008, 10:36 AM
Congrats on the good news! :yay:

Jeri Lynn
09-27-2008, 10:38 AM
What wonderful news for you! Have a wonderful trip!

TinkerbellT421
09-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Congratulations on the good news and have a great trip!! And like another poster said...no good pirate is without a scar or two :thumbsup:

WDWFanatic
09-27-2008, 06:09 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!

I'm so glad you got good results. Being another breast cancer survivor I'm so glad you didn't have to join our club :thumbsup:!

Make sure you let us know how your trip goes.

Dsnygirl
09-27-2008, 10:01 PM
:) Yeah!! That's great news!! Now go and enjoy that wonderful trip you have planned... I'm thrilled for you! :thumbsup:

mickeys_princess_mom
09-28-2008, 09:14 PM
That's great news! And no good :pirate: is complete without a scar or two.

:thumbsup:
:hug: Thank you--needed that. After I posted I got a better look, and it's not that little, but...Sure could be worse.
So...o..o my story's going to go like this...I was in this pirate fight, and Barbosa just about had me, then along came Jack Sparrow and saved me. After much celebratory kissing, I asked a few questions about why it took him so long (...something about Singapore...), but of course I forgave him....:pirate:, followed by more kissing....

Thanks for all the warm responses; I AM looking forward to my trip wholeheartedly now. I was enjoying reading Bethanymouse's Disney wedding posts during the week, and some posters were talking about this fluffy tulle dress at David's Bridal--I started laughing, cause I think that's the same one I bought for the trip--in pink! I may have to buy another plane ticket for it! I guess I got a little carried away, but who cares?
:blush: